This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why are console gamers so afraid to admit that PC gaming is superior?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why are console gamers so afraid to admit that PC gaming is superior?

User Info: Etner

Etner
2 months ago#71
slyman19 posted...
Etner posted...
slyman19 posted...
Shinobi120 posted...
slyman19 posted...
Why would they admit something that isn't true? That would be stupid.

Oh, please. You've always been bashing PC Gaming for no good reason while having a bias towards consoles.

I have many good reasons.

No matter what your reasons are, PC is objectively better across the board. Subjectively, it depends on your personal tastes. But from a pure quantity (library of games) + technical powerhouse (hardware), PC wins every single time.

Keep being delusional. That's the only thing PC gamers are good at.

I play both console and PCs. I use whichever one fits my needs, which PC happens to do more often. You, however, won't point out what your reasons could possibly be.

PCs will always perform better because you can spend enough money to make them do so. PCs will be able to handle more stress because of said hardware. You can just upgrade your PC over time. Higher FPS is a very real thing to a lot of people. Toggleable options in games are also important to some people. Additionally, if you take every game that's ever been ported to PC, it surpasses any game library (except older systems like PS2, maybe?) that exists. Additionally, you can use any controller you want for whatever game you play, which is not an option for consoles.

The only thing consoles have going for them are exclusives that you care about, and portability if you're part of the FGC, and simplicity of "buy system, pop game in, play game".

User Info: slyman19

slyman19
2 months ago#72
Etner posted...
slyman19 posted...
Etner posted...
slyman19 posted...
Shinobi120 posted...
slyman19 posted...

Oh, please. You've always been bashing PC Gaming for no good reason while having a bias towards consoles.

No matter what your reasons are, PC is objectively better across the board. Subjectively, it depends on your personal tastes. But from a pure quantity (library of games) + technical powerhouse (hardware), PC wins every single time.

I play both console and PCs. I use whichever one fits my needs, which PC happens to do more often. You, however, won't point out what your reasons could possibly be.

PCs will always perform better because you can spend enough money to make them do so. PCs will be able to handle more stress because of said hardware. You can just upgrade your PC over time. Higher FPS is a very real thing to a lot of people. Toggleable options in games are also important to some people. Additionally, if you take every game that's ever been ported to PC, it surpasses any game library (except older systems like PS2, maybe?) that exists. Additionally, you can use any controller you want for whatever game you play, which is not an option for consoles.

The only thing consoles have going for them are exclusives that you care about, and portability if you're part of the FGC, and simplicity of "buy system, pop game in, play game".

My reasons:

The community is the worst community of any hobby.

Devs treat PC gamers like second class citizens.

You have to use Windows/Linux

Significantly more issues with games (just take a look at any game's Steam forum. There is usually a ton of people asking for help).

Online games have significantly less people playing, except for a select few.

Potentially more expensive.

Not as stress free as a console.

User Info: jhon2345

jhon2345
2 months ago#73
The community is the worst community of any hobby.
Not as stress free as a console.

These are so true.

You buy an expensive pc to play games but certain games don't run the way you want it to.
you look for solution online & sometimes you have to wait weeks.

Also different people give different solutions which is confusing & add more stress.

Every console gamers have the same experience & it makes console community better.
Not like pc gamers say to others, like you have garage pc buy a better pc.

Console gamers talk about games.

Pc gamers talk about hardware & bugs. (see any pc forums)

User Info: 50inchDLP

50inchDLP
2 months ago#74
Because it is not. One is not better than the other as both have their pros and cons. I for one enjoy both and would not be able to give either of them up and still be happy.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Thereal50inchDLP -My youtube http://otrarchive.blogspot.com/2014/02/fibber-mcgee-and-molly.html -Best show ever

User Info: Somato

Somato
2 months ago#75
CursedPanther posted...
Both PC and consoles have pros and cons. Just use the one that suits you better.

name one advantage console gaming has over PC
ThePandaForest / Premature Tyrant is don_sf / DarKnight_sf

User Info: zelos71

zelos71
2 months ago#76
Because most games I like to play aren't available on PC? If there is a good PC version of it, I'll play on PC. But most games I like just don't have one. Simple as that. So for me console gaming is far superior.

User Info: blacklabelice

blacklabelice
2 months ago#77
Etner posted...
slyman19 posted...
Etner posted...
slyman19 posted...
Shinobi120 posted...
slyman19 posted...

dont give him the time of day m8. a pc gamer once banged out his girlfriend and to this day he's still not over it.
I cant afford a good vacation, so i'm just going to drink until i dont know where i am.

User Info: Tenchi UK

Tenchi UK
2 months ago#78
Nazanir posted...
CursedPanther posted...
Both PC and consoles have pros and cons. Just use the one that suits you better.

Careful, logic is usually frowned upon in pc vs console debates.

oddly it seems more understanding here than on the switch boards, in terms of the whole "PC master race" mentality, regarding this topic that is, theres still examples of people using the term "peasants" in other topics here.
Pear into Peaches!

User Info: premature tyrant

premature tyrant
2 months ago#79
@slyman19 posted...

i guess that's why we get the best version of pretty much every single multiplat
https://pcpartpicker.com/user/pandaforest/saved/
- BEST possible gaming PC builds for the $$$ -

User Info: premature tyrant

premature tyrant
2 months ago#80
@zelos71 posted...
Because most games I like to play aren't available on PC? If there is a good PC version of it, I'll play on PC. But most games I like just don't have one. Simple as that. So for me console gaming is far superior.

i find that hard to believe. there are basically no console exclusives left. like what on earth do you play?
https://pcpartpicker.com/user/pandaforest/saved/
- BEST possible gaming PC builds for the $$$ -
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why are console gamers so afraid to admit that PC gaming is superior?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived