This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why are console gamers so afraid to admit that PC gaming is superior?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why are console gamers so afraid to admit that PC gaming is superior?

User Info: premature tyrant

premature tyrant
3 weeks ago#91
https://i.imgur.com/ozXYekf.jpg
https://pcpartpicker.com/user/pandaforest/saved/
- BEST possible gaming PC builds for the $$$ -

User Info: Etner

Etner
3 weeks ago#92
premature tyrant posted...
Etner posted...
Consoles tend to get the most exclusives

lolno

PC gets faaaaaaaaaaaaar more exclusives

Not if you count every console being developed for. If you count PS4, Xbox One, 3DS and the Switch, their exclusives outweigh PC by a large margin.

That being said, I still use both console and PC, because I enjoy them both.

premature tyrant
3 weeks ago#93
that's not true at all

premature tyrant
3 weeks ago#94
just don't post if you don't know what you're talking about

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
3 weeks ago#95
Shinobi120 posted...
Oh, please. You've always been bashing PC Gaming for no good reason while having a bias towards consoles.

You two are two different sides of the same coin - you both have far too much of your self-esteem invested in your game platform of choice. Get some fresh air.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

JKatarn
3 weeks ago#96
jhon2345 posted...
These are so true.

You buy an expensive pc to play games but certain games don't run the way you want it to.
you look for solution online & sometimes you have to wait weeks.

For one thing, situations like that are very rare, for another, you could say the same thing about a buggy release on consoles, but with the PC you have the possibility of community-created fixes whereas you are completely at the mercy of the console makers/publishers on console. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against people choosing one platform over another for their own reasons, but I think the "technical issues" angle is vastly exaggerated. If you can use google/have a bit of technical knowhow and/or patience you can fairly easily solve the odd issue that may crop up.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

User Info: Etner

Etner
3 weeks ago#97

Because that logic makes sense. You're not allowed to post on a public forum if you're incorrect? Totally makes sense.

Feel free to post evidence that shows PC exclusives outweigh console exclusives in quantity. If they do, I'll gladly stand corrected.

JKatarn
3 weeks ago#98
Etner posted...
Because that logic makes sense. You're not allowed to post on a public forum if you're incorrect?

We're that enforced, this site would be a ghost town. Every day there's countless examples of blinding ignorance posted on GameFAQs forums.

premature tyrant
3 weeks ago#99
Etner posted...

Because that logic makes sense. You're not allowed to post on a public forum if you're incorrect? Totally makes sense.

Feel free to post evidence that shows PC exclusives outweigh console exclusives in quantity. If they do, I'll gladly stand corrected.

https://i.imgur.com/ozXYekf.jpg

User Info: Lienhart

Lienhart
3 weeks ago#100
JKatarn posted...
jhon2345 posted...
These are so true.

You buy an expensive pc to play games but certain games don't run the way you want it to.
you look for solution online & sometimes you have to wait weeks.

For one thing, situations like that are very rare, for another, you could say the same thing about a buggy release on consoles, but with the PC you have the possibility of community-created fixes whereas you are completely at the mercy of the console makers/publishers on console. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against people choosing one platform over another for their own reasons, but I think the "technical issues" angle is vastly exaggerated. If you can use google/have a bit of technical knowhow and/or patience you can fairly easily solve the odd issue that may crop up.

It's still a valid point though. For example: Metro Redux, both games, have the y axis movement set different than the x axis in addition to some kind of mouse deceleration. There is literally no way to fix this without intercepting the mouse signals through, for example, Logitech Gaming Software. I refunded the game because I found that kind of bulls*** unacceptable from a developer standpoint.

Console games have a far bigger chance of working straight out of the box than PC. With that said, I have most of the consoles and a high end PC. I prefer PC for the vast majority of the time. Most of the guys who I game with have both a PS4 and PC as well. This whole "one is better than the other" attitude just screams "I'M A NECKBEARD AND I HAVEN'T LEFT MY MAMA'S BASEMENT FOREVER!"
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why are console gamers so afraid to admit that PC gaming is superior?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived