This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is This a Good Gaming Pc

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is This a Good Gaming Pc

User Info: Shaxillia

Shaxillia
2 months ago#1
I'm new to Pc Gaming so i was wondering if this is a decent pc to play new games at 1080p at 60fps?

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB Video Card

- Intel Core i5 6600K Quad Core LGA 1151 3.5GHz Unlocked CPU Processor

- Corsair 16GB (2x8GB) CMK16GX4M2A2400C14 DD! R4 2400MHz Vengeance LPX DIMM Black

- Gigabyte GA-H110M-S2H Micro ATX LGA1151

- Corsair VS650 650W ATX Power Supply

- Samsung 250GB SSD 850 EVO

- Seagate SATA3 2TB 7200RPM Barracuda 64mb Cache

- Corsair Carbide Series 88R MicroATX Mid-Tower Case

- Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO CPU Cooler

- Microsoft Windows 10 Home 32bit/64bit USB Flash Drive

User Info: blacklabelice

blacklabelice
2 months ago#2
s***ty power supply but the rest is fine if ur not planning to do any overclocking. 1080p 60fps is fine for that but id probably get a better board and psu. maybe a bit faster ram if youre that concerned about squeezing the most out of it and get windows cheap off software swap or elsewhere to help make up the difference.
I cant afford a good vacation, so i'm just going to drink until i dont know where i am.

User Info: Superemppu

Superemppu
2 months ago#3
Also the 4 core i5's are in a bad spot now, go for the i7 or if the budget is tight, ryzen.
If brute force doesn't fix the problem, you're not using enough of it.

User Info: Silvererazor

Silvererazor
2 months ago#4
-Go with a custom 1070 and not the FE.
-change thePSU.
-buy a z270 motherboard.

But I highly recommend to wait. In 10 days the new Intel-CPU-line will be released, so buy a i5 8600k/i7 8700k. And also buy a z370 motherboard.

User Info: Shaxillia

Shaxillia
2 months ago#5
So the power supply and board need changed thanks! I'm buying this pc off a friend of a friend for $1600 (AUD) and was wondering if it was a good deal and now i know what to upgrade Thanks!!

User Info: Jonbazookaboz

Jonbazookaboz
2 months ago#6
Btw your power supply is more than fine. You can easily overclock at anything over 500w with that set up
"If PAC-MAN had affected us kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music!"

Silvererazor
2 months ago#7
Jonbazookaboz posted...
Btw your power supply is more than fine. You can easily overclock at anything over 500w with that set up

It's not about the wattager, but the quality. The Corsair VS-line is a Tier 4 PSU, which is basically a firehazard waiting to happen.

To get a good PSU, look a PSU tierlist up and buy a Tier 1 or Tier 2 PSU.
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/id-2547993/psu-tier-list.html
for example.

User Info: un touchable

un touchable
2 months ago#8
$1600 AUD is around $1273 USD. I say its worth maybe $800 USD at most, and that be if it was brand new.

User Info: Jonbazookaboz

Jonbazookaboz
2 months ago#9
Silvererazor posted...
Jonbazookaboz posted...

It's not about the wattager, but the quality. The Corsair VS-line is a Tier 4 PSU, which is basically a firehazard waiting to happen.

To get a good PSU, look a PSU tierlist up and buy a Tier 1 or Tier 2 PSU.
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/id-2547993/psu-tier-list.html
for example.

It may not be the most relyable supply but for staying within a budget it would be fine. From my experience any power supply is suject to the power lottery. You can get a perfectly long lasting silent one. Or it can grind down to a mess a day later. No brand or tier is excluded
"If PAC-MAN had affected us kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music!"

Silvererazor
2 months ago#10
Here the same price and watt, but way better:
http://a.co/1b63sJ8
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is This a Good Gaming Pc

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived