This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is This a Good Gaming Pc

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is This a Good Gaming Pc

User Info: Fade2black001

Fade2black001
2 months ago#11
Superemppu posted...
Also the 4 core i5's are in a bad spot now, go for the i7 or if the budget is tight, ryzen.

They still do just fine.....
Put on a smile cause Jesus loves you

User Info: m0986-8

m0986-8
2 months ago#12
Your pc is similar to mine and i can tell you it runs pretty much anything at 1080p 60fps. That said dont get a founders edition card. Get something like the msi one or the strix. Also change your psu to a better quality one. Id also consider upgrading the mobo if its in your budget
6600K 4.4GHZ | GTX 1070 | 16 GB RAM 3000MHZ | Samsung Evo 500GB | Asus Z170 A-R

User Info: MASKOAAA

MASKOAAA
2 months ago#13
He's shooting for 1080p 60fps and you guys are all like....BUT WHAT ABOUT OVERCLOCKING....sorry he doesn't need to even overclock that system.....in fact most PC gamers don't overclock.
D3 Armory Profile - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/MASKOAA-1251/

User Info: Superemppu

Superemppu
2 months ago#14
Fade2black001 posted...
Superemppu posted...
Also the 4 core i5's are in a bad spot now, go for the i7 or if the budget is tight, ryzen.

For now, yes.

But how about couple years down the line? Consoles are 8 core, more and more games starting to benefit from more than 4 cores all the time. Similarly priced ryzen cpu offers comparable performance in applications that can't use more than 4 cores, and walks all over i5's with things that can use more cores.
If brute force doesn't fix the problem, you're not using enough of it.

Fade2black001
2 months ago#15
MASKOAAA posted...
He's shooting for 1080p 60fps and you guys are all like....BUT WHAT ABOUT OVERCLOCKING....sorry he doesn't need to even overclock that system.....in fact most PC gamers don't overclock.

Yeah.... I mean Overclocking is not needed at all and is just mainly for benchmarking purposes

Fade2black001
2 months ago#16
Superemppu posted...
Fade2black001 posted...
Superemppu posted...

For now, yes.

But how about couple years down the line? Consoles are 8 core, more and more games starting to benefit from more than 4 cores all the time. Similarly priced ryzen cpu offers comparable performance in applications that can't use more than 4 cores, and walks all over i5's with things that can use more cores.

More cores doesn't make a CPU better. AMD demonstrated this with their FX series. Hell an i3 is more powerful than what the PS4 uses for a CPU. 2 years down the line is still far away but still even then it wont pick up by that much more than what it is now for games using multiple threads and CPUs. I would say at least 5 years from one would want to have more than 4 cores with multiple threads but even then will be pushing it IMO as its so very minimal now.

User Info: blacklabelice

blacklabelice
2 months ago#17
Jonbazookaboz posted...
Btw your power supply is more than fine. You can easily overclock at anything over 500w with that set up

with that motherboard the only thing you'd be able to overclock is the gpu. and i wouldnt call a tier 4 power supply more than fine

please be honest with me and tell me youre just trolling
I cant afford a good vacation, so i'm just going to drink until i dont know where i am.
(message deleted)

User Info: Jonbazookaboz

Jonbazookaboz
2 months ago#19
blacklabelice posted...
Jonbazookaboz posted...
Btw your power supply is more than fine. You can easily overclock at anything over 500w with that set up

with that motherboard the only thing you'd be able to overclock is the gpu. and i wouldnt call a tier 4 power supply more than fine

please be honest with me and tell me youre just trolling

Like the other poster said he wouldnt even need to overclock. Hell youd get 1440p at a solid rate with that setup
"If PAC-MAN had affected us kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music!"
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is This a Good Gaming Pc

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived