This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is This a Good Gaming Pc

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is This a Good Gaming Pc
(message deleted)

User Info: blacklabelice

blacklabelice
2 months ago#22
Jonbazookaboz posted...
blacklabelice posted...
Jonbazookaboz posted...
Btw your power supply is more than fine. You can easily overclock at anything over 500w with that set up

with that motherboard the only thing you'd be able to overclock is the gpu. and i wouldnt call a tier 4 power supply more than fine

please be honest with me and tell me youre just trolling

Like the other poster said he wouldnt even need to overclock. Hell youd get 1440p at a solid rate with that setup

i wasnt going by what other people said. i was responding to what you said about how he can easilly overclock with a board that cannot overclock and a psu that would not be fit for overclocking.

and why pay all the extra money on a k series and a cooler when there is no real difference between the two models if youre just going to run them at stock settings?

unless you struck out on the silicon lottery you could probably get alot more out of it if you just went with a decent z170 board instead but still i wouldnt even trust that power supply. thats the one thing there that stands out. the rest is fine, but if youre not overclocking, why not just go for a 6600 instead and save a bit of money and call it a day? pretty sure it comes with a cooler. maybe not the best but itll get the job done if youre not oc'ing. then you could at least put a bit of your savings towards an aftermarket 1070 or something

if it were me tho i would swap the psu and board, and get a cheap windows key elsewhere to recover a bit of cost. that way one day if i did need to oc, at least i'd have the option. i mean sure that things still gonna be a beast at 1080p, but theres alot of potential being wasted here

i didnt really read the whole thread until now and i thought you were shopping or building tc. didnt realise you were buying it used. i'd probably try to talk your friend's friend down a couple hundred if youre still interested tc. you could do a whole lot better elsewhere for your money.

f*** im a little too drunk to really post on here i try to edit so many times but i just end up deleting both my posts trying to say everything properly in one post
I cant afford a good vacation, so i'm just going to drink until i dont know where i am.

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
2 months ago#23
Go with a Ryzen R5 1600 and a lower wattage, higher quality PSU.
a quad core i7 was just a rebranded celeron -Pengu1n
Anything that has 3p fps or better is fine with me -mucloud

User Info: zhenghan

zhenghan
2 months ago#24
second Ryzen and better PSU suggestions
"dude i am like a 10 th grader,i am not smart i am not smart okay.i know basic english not level 100 english lol" -stephanielish
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is This a Good Gaming Pc

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived