This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

2018 Intel will release the first 8 core mainstream i7

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. 2018 Intel will release the first 8 core mainstream i7

User Info: ArcadeGuy

ArcadeGuy
2 months ago#1
8700k is good but 8 core will be the new mainstream standard for many years to come for Intel starting with 9700k.

User Info: Pelaaja82

Pelaaja82
2 months ago#2
Kind of feels like the upcoming Coffee lake prosessors are a panic answer to Ryzen prosessors and are out to milk and dime Intel fans.
Pc: i7 6700k/980 ti/16gb ram and Ps4.

User Info: ArcadeGuy

ArcadeGuy
2 months ago#3
Pelaaja82 posted...
Kind of feels like the upcoming Coffee lake prosessors are a panic answer to Ryzen prosessors and are out to milk and dime Intel fans.

The only reason 8700k is happening is because of Ryzen and 8 core next year as well. 7700k is being phased out less than a year; the shortest i7 release of all time.

User Info: Tekutso

Tekutso
2 months ago#4
ArcadeGuy posted...
Pelaaja82 posted...

The only reason 8700k is happening is because of Ryzen and 8 core next year as well. 7700k is being phased out less than a year; the shortest i7 release of all time.

Its funny because its still the premium mainstream cpu. This is how computer technology has worked though. The next best thing is coming faster and faster. Won't be long until tech is out dated before you purchase it lol.
Nerd
Gamefaqs Finest

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
2 months ago#5
Pelaaja82 posted...
milk and dime Intel fans.
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

User Info: builder111

builder111
2 months ago#6
So 8700 is a terrible buy
caps

User Info: auntfafajk

auntfafajk
2 months ago#7
yohabroha posted...
Pelaaja82 posted...

I hate being milked, much less milked AND dimed :/
i7 5820k / noctua nh-d15 / 16gb ddr4 / asus sabertooth x99 / asus strix 1080ti / evga b2 750w / crucial m500 480gb ssd, hitachi 2tb hdd / fractal r4

User Info: Sir_Haxor

Sir_Haxor
2 months ago#8
But Intel is sitting on 30 year old tech that could release tomorrow if they wanted to and instantly crush AMD!
Z97A | 4690k 4.6GHz | Hyper 212 Evo | EVGA GTX 1080ti | EVGA GS 650w | 16GB DDR3 | WDB 3TB |128GB SSD | Toshiba 500GB | Challenger S | Acer G257HU | LG 27UD68 |

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
2 months ago#9
auntfafajk posted...
yohabroha posted...
Pelaaja82 posted...

I hate being milked, much less milked AND dimed :/

you ever try to milk a dime though? do dimes have nipples? if its got nipples, you can milk it.
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

User Info: Garage_Man

Garage_Man
2 months ago#10
Can't wait. We are finally seeing real power enter the mainstream and it'll only be a matter of time before real world applications start to harness this power. I use some of it myself in my own applications and when you take a design approach of keeping your proc pegged at 100% you start coding in new ways where yes efficiency is key but so is 100% usage.

Intel, AMD, and Apple are all leading the way and setting the stage. I am hoping other arm procs quickly catch up to Apple as them owning the performance market without any disputes is scary. The new iPhone being as fast as it is should be a large wake-up call to Google.
The aliens. The Aliens. THE ALIENS!!!!!
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. 2018 Intel will release the first 8 core mainstream i7

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived