This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PC gamers should be understanding of Blue Reflection resolution

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. PC gamers should be understanding of Blue Reflection resolution

User Info: xenosaga123

xenosaga123
3 weeks ago#1
people blame KT, but really, why don't PC gamers take the time to blame PC itself with its overcomplexities, more difficult to optimize, especially for developers whose expertise is not PC development.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1438104

millions of PC gamers are forgiving of Playerunknown's Battlegrounds graphics and performance, so
why don't they be understanding and accepting of Blue Reflections resolution on PC?

720p still looks great, the visuals still look beautiful. I mean like if it were 480p, then yea that would be crazy.

but 720p is still HD. :)

even From Software has trouble with their ports to PC (Dark Souls II for example, and they don't wanna go through the nightmare of porting Bloodborne to PC).

so you can see a lot of examples industry wide that porting or even developing on PC is no simple matter.

how many AAA games can you name that are fully optimized and top resolution?

even Fallout 4 wasn't flawless at even a technical standpoint.

if even PC giants like Bethesda have shabby versions of their game on PC, which requires fixes from modders to optimize, then how fair is it for PC gamers to demand more from humble developers like KT?

Overall, would say PC gamers should be grateful to be getting the game at all.

720p HD is still higher resolution than ancient PC games, and looks better on PC than it does on platforms like 3DS.

User Info: SinisterSlay

SinisterSlay
3 weeks ago#2
It's it stuck at 720?

Funny, i would think figuring out resolution would be easy, since it's one of the first game programming lessons.
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence

User Info: SinisterSlay

SinisterSlay
3 weeks ago#3
Oh, the 2d images are downsampled to 720 for the pc version. And natural 1080 for the ps4 version.
Well that's just brain-dead. Even Intel integrated has no issue with large 2d frame flips.
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence

xenosaga123
3 weeks ago#4
SinisterSlay posted...
It's it stuck at 720?

Funny, i would think figuring out resolution would be easy, since it's one of the first game programming lessons.

you honestly think developers do it on purpose for laughs? on PC it's not as easy as it seems.

the only alternative factor would be if Sony paid KT to make the resolution lower on PC, but that is hogwash, Sony doesn't care for super niche rpgs with low preorders,

and KT sure wouldn't port the game to PC if they felt it wasn't profitable nor requested on PC.

so conspiracies don't add up. PC is just too much of a hassle, or perhaps they feel the extra effort isn't worth it on PC? haven't heard their games selling much on PC.

how much did Atelier Firis sell on PC? that could be a factor in Blue Reflection PC version production values.

User Info: Ciera

Ciera
3 weeks ago#5
wow KT without another no effort PC port cash grab? whoudathunk??
I'll... shave that cat.

User Info: ImaPC

ImaPC
3 weeks ago#6
xenosaga123 posted...

GTFO. Lol, yea I'm so grateful they put their half-assed garbage ports on PC and expect us to just accept that bulls***. Tecmo Koei is garbage, so f*** them. I still haven't forgiven them for the s*** port of DoA5:LR.

I mean, no one is expecting a flawless port with any PC version, but the s*** TK and so many other reject Japanese developers pull is just unacceptable.

I'd rather they just stop porting their games to PC at all if they're not going to put effort into the ports. It's obvious they need the PC market, and it's about time they start treating PC customers with the respect they deserve.

I really hope people don't tolerate this bulls***, and I'm not just talking about TK specifically here either. This is completely unacceptable, and no one should support these garbage ass ports.

User Info: Jason_Hudson

Jason_Hudson
3 weeks ago#7
Yo, Xenosaga, whilst you're heading back to the PS4 board, could you take Koei Tecmo's garbage with you too please? Thanks.

As a PC gamer, I'm not f***ing grateful for a half arsed port by some hack developer. I can honestly say that if they never ported another one of their s*** games to PC again, I really wouldn't care. They can keep that peasant s*** on the Potatostation until they can figure out how to port a game that is capable of 4k. No, 1080p isn't good enough, it's 2017. If they can only manage 720p, then don't f***ing bother.

xenosaga123 posted...
millions of PC gamers are forgiving of Playerunknown's Battlegrounds graphics and performance, so
why don't they be understanding and accepting of Blue Reflections resolution on PC?

I said it in the other thread:

EARLY
ACCESS

It's not finished, it's not optimised. Plus I guess it helps that PUBG can actually manage a higher resolution than one PC gave up on over a decade ago.
Specs: i7 4790k@4.6GHz |EVGA 1080 FTW| 16GB RAM - GLORIOUS PC MASTER RACE!
TRUMP IS THE GREATEST US PRESIDENT!

xenosaga123
3 weeks ago#8
ImaPC posted...
xenosaga123 posted...

GTFO. Lol, yea I'm so grateful they put their half-assed garbage ports on PC and expect us to just accept that bulls***. Tecmo Koei is garbage, so f*** them. I still haven't forgiven them for the s*** port of DoA5:LR.

I mean, no one is expecting a flawless port with any PC version, but the s*** TK and so many other reject Japanese developers pull is just unacceptable.

I'd rather they just stop porting their games to PC at all if they're not going to put effort into the ports. It's obvious they need the PC market, and it's about time they start treating PC customers with the respect they deserve.

I really hope people don't tolerate this bulls***, and I'm not just talking about TK specifically here either. This is completely unacceptable, and no one should support these garbage ass ports.

that mentality just creates a crater between PC consumers and the developers.
skipping it and pushing them away would just be ruinous and make PC platform and consumerbase look unfriendly and too demanding.

these games are still better optimized, more meaningful, more heartwarming, and higher quality than all the shovelware combined PC gets every week.

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
3 weeks ago#9
so what's everyone's favorite type of pie?
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

User Info: Pelaaja82

Pelaaja82
3 weeks ago#10
Hahahahaha Vita port incoming, we hope you will accept this!
Pc: i7 6700k/980 ti/16gb ram and Ps4.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. PC gamers should be understanding of Blue Reflection resolution

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived