This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why does my laptop run GTAV online like garbage but runs Dark Souls 3 perfectly?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why does my laptop run GTAV online like garbage but runs Dark Souls 3 perfectly?

User Info: Supremo

Supremo
2 months ago#11
DownSouth113 posted...
Because it was poorly optimized, just look at 4, it has many issues running and usually has to be modded, I would expect no less from 5, but fanboys gonna buy it so it likely wont change

IV is poorly optimized, V isn't
Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are. - Ryu

User Info: mucloud

mucloud
2 months ago#12
That game Is demanding even on a desktop.
Cooler Master CM Storm Trooper White W10 64bit GA990FXAUD3 FX 8320 Vishera 8-Core Core 4.0 GHz 1000watt Rosewell PSU 32GB RAM XFX Radeon R9 390 8GB

User Info: Hi C

Hi C
2 months ago#13
KainFourteh posted...
Hi C posted...
yohabroha posted...
DownSouth113 posted...
Because it was poorly optimized, just look at 4, it has many issues running and usually has to be modded, I would expect no less from 5, but fanboys gonna buy it so it likely wont change

the game is continually in the top selling on steam, well after it was originally released, which means its well after the fanboys have all purchased it but it still keeps getting bought. critic and user reviews for the pc version are overwhelmingly positive. and guess what, the majority of gamers aren't gaming on high end hardware. so it doesn't seem like you have any clue as to what you're actually talking about.

Get banned from online mode, buy another license, rinse repeat.

Deluded cretin.

We found the griefers / cheaters on this board.
I5-4590 | ASUS H97i-PLUS & VS239hp | 8GB Ballistix Sport | 1TB+2TB WD Blue | Cooler Master N200 | ASUS GTX 960 Strix 2GB

User Info: Kokuei05

Kokuei05
2 months ago#14
My 1080 can't run the game at 60FPS with maximum grass.
i7-6700K | Team Vulcan 16GB 3000Mhz | MSI z170a SLI PLUS | EVGA 650W G2 | Zotac 8GB GTX 1080 Mini | EA232WMI
e7470 | i5-6300U | 8GB DDR4 || Surface Pro 2 i5.

User Info: Tekken9292

Tekken9292
2 months ago#15
Lord_Smokeone posted...
Dark Souls has FAR better graphics than GTAV and my laptop runs it just fine.

What alternate reality do you live in where this is true?
http://steamcommunity.com/id/TekDek/
If it ain't broke... they'll break it.

User Info: Hi C

Hi C
2 months ago#16
Tekken9292 posted...
Lord_Smokeone posted...

I don't know, GTAV looks pretty s*** tbh. Doesn't even look as good as 4 in a lot of ways.
I5-4590 | ASUS H97i-PLUS & VS239hp | 8GB Ballistix Sport | 1TB+2TB WD Blue | Cooler Master N200 | ASUS GTX 960 Strix 2GB

User Info: ElitestTank

ElitestTank
2 months ago#17
Hi C posted...
Tekken9292 posted...
Lord_Smokeone posted...

I don't know, GTAV looks pretty s*** tbh. Doesn't even look as good as 4 in a lot of ways.

Probably because you're running it on a s*** rig with bad settings.

User Info: DownSouth113

DownSouth113
2 months ago#18
yohabroha posted...
DownSouth113 posted...

the game is continually in the top selling on steam, well after it was originally released, which means its well after the fanboys have all purchased it but it still keeps getting bought. critic and user reviews for the pc version are overwhelmingly positive. and guess what, the majority of gamers aren't gaming on high end hardware. so it doesn't seem like you have any clue as to what you're actually talking about.

My rig is in my Sig, I had constant issues with it, gta has gone from good to bad and if you are too blind to see that I'm sorry... I'm fixing to upgrade t ryzen but don't worry I will check back in to confirm it needs work.
i5 3570k,MSI RX 470 8 GB, 8gb DDR3,ASRock Z77 Pro 4,Apevia Black/Blue X-Trooper, 675 Thermaltake,Windows 10
http://steamcommunity.com/id/perfectvillain/

User Info: DownSouth113

DownSouth113
2 months ago#19
Supremo posted...
DownSouth113 posted...

IV is poorly optimized, V isn't

I wouldn't have issues if it was, I nodded 4 and it ran great, can't mod V online and offline gets boring quick, not much else to consider it being my system as the issue
i5 3570k,MSI RX 470 8 GB, 8gb DDR3,ASRock Z77 Pro 4,Apevia Black/Blue X-Trooper, 675 Thermaltake,Windows 10
http://steamcommunity.com/id/perfectvillain/

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
2 months ago#20
DownSouth113 posted...
yohabroha posted...
DownSouth113 posted...

My rig is in my Sig, I had constant issues with it, gta has gone from good to bad and if you are too blind to see that I'm sorry... I'm fixing to upgrade t ryzen but don't worry I will check back in to confirm it needs work.

Doesn't really make sense, we're talking about performance and you just said GTA went from good to bad. So you're saying GTA IV was good performance and V is bad? Or that III-SA were good and IV/Vare bad? Weird, you would think such a poor performing game wouldn't continue to sell thousands of copies per month so far after release.
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why does my laptop run GTAV online like garbage but runs Dark Souls 3 perfectly?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived