This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why does my laptop run GTAV online like garbage but runs Dark Souls 3 perfectly?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why does my laptop run GTAV online like garbage but runs Dark Souls 3 perfectly?

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
3 weeks ago#21
DownSouth113 posted...
Supremo posted...
DownSouth113 posted...
Because it was poorly optimized, just look at 4, it has many issues running and usually has to be modded, I would expect no less from 5, but fanboys gonna buy it so it likely wont change

IV is poorly optimized, V isn't

I wouldn't have issues if it was, I nodded 4 and it ran great, can't mod V online and offline gets boring quick, not much else to consider it being my system as the issue

Are you saying IV's offline is more exciting than V? Or did you just never bother to mod V as you did IV
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

User Info: wildog2006

wildog2006
3 weeks ago#22
Open world games take a lot of CPU power. Laptops don't have powerful CPUs.
Not surprised this board would rather argue over nothing than answer a f***ing question.
MOD: Mindless, Oppressive, & Delusional

User Info: Lord_Smokeone

Lord_Smokeone
3 weeks ago#23
JKatarn posted...
Without providing your system specs/game settings it would be impossible to give you advice.

This is what Ive got https://www.bestbuy.com//site/dell-inspiron-15-6-laptop-intel-core-i5-8gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1050-1tb-8gb-hybrid-hard-drive-black/5709801.p?skuId=5709801

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
3 weeks ago#24
Looks fairly solid, but you probably won't be able to max everything out with a 1050. Look at Geforce Experience recommended settings and use those as a base, drop key settings like grass etc. down a notch.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: -______-

-______-
3 weeks ago#25
gta games always run like garbage because rockstar knows people will buy their sloppy pc ports

from software is bae
-______-

yohabroha
3 weeks ago#26
-______- posted...
gta games always run like garbage because rockstar knows people will buy their sloppy pc ports

from software is bae

yes Dark Souls 1 and 2 were shining examples of fantastic ports
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

User Info: -______-

-______-
3 weeks ago#27
>dark souls 3
-______-

yohabroha
2 weeks ago#28
-______- posted...
>dark souls 3

nice, 1 game. and overall, 2 out of 4. 50% is bae then, so what is 4/5? that's what R* is operating on GTA games that you can buy on steam.

User Info: hollow-sasuke

hollow-sasuke
2 weeks ago#29
Can't believe it took 3 pages to get specs.
"My eyes red cause of all that hate" @_@

User Info: Hexenherz

Hexenherz
2 weeks ago#30
-______- posted...

from software is bae

l m a o
The GTA 5 port is ridiculously good.
The only two main detractors are the rampant modders in online and the problem with the custom radio station eating up CPU and causing the game to crash (I hope they fixed that but I have never tried it just for that reason alone).
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why does my laptop run GTAV online like garbage but runs Dark Souls 3 perfectly?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived