This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Some purchasing advise.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Some purchasing advise.

User Info: Lizznasty

Lizznasty
3 weeks ago#1
Normally I am a fan of building my own computer, but I have had a laptop for about 1 year now because I was traveling. It is a RoG Strix (i7 7700, gtx 1060 6b, 16 gb ram, ssd and 1tb storage, 17.3 screen.) Now to be honest I mostly only play WoW which is the majority of my free time at night. I am looking at an Alienware Aurora r6. I've made two builds with a 200 dollar off deal they have going on and have used pc part picker to see how much I was paying. It turns out the Alienware Aurora is the same price if I were to build my own. With the warranty and not having to deal with the build I have decided to go with the Alienware. I just wanted some opinions on some different parts of my computer. I really want to move up to a 27 inch monitor which I already have picked out (1080p) with 144hz and 1ms response. With me just playing WoW I really want something that's going to last a good two years where I can run everything ultra 1080p with 60fps at all times.

My questions are as follows...

Should I go with a 1070 or a 1080, i7 7700 or 7700k, 460 watt multi gpu approved or 850 watt multi gpu approved, and the 7700k requires liquid cooling.

Thanks for any input, I would greatly appreciate it.

User Info: GoIrish80

GoIrish80
3 weeks ago#2
The obvious answer is you should go with whatever you can comfortably afford. If the extra cost of a 1080 as opposed to a 1070 isn't a problem, why wouldn't you buy it?

User Info: Terantatek

Terantatek
3 weeks ago#3
First of all, 7700k does not require liquid cooling. I have the best air cooler on the market and it's about equal to a h110.

Second, if just 1440p on WoW, stick with a 1070. And get around 650 to 750 watts. No lower, no higher. Get the 7700k instead of 7700, there's no reason besides money to get the 7700.
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/hP6BCy
i7 7700k @ 4.6ghz | Asus ROG Strix 1080TI OC | Ripjaws 16GB 3000mhz | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus Swift PG278QR

Lizznasty
3 weeks ago#4
No I understand it doesn't require liquid cooling, just the Aurora makes you purchase the liquid cooling if you go with the 7700k. WoW would only be at 1080p.

User Info: builder111

builder111
3 weeks ago#5
Wow doesn't need a very powerful pc. But if you think you might try out some newer games having the best possible hardware is always nice.
caps

Lizznasty
3 weeks ago#6
I probably only play WoW to be completely honest... I just want something that will run 1080p ultra at 60 or more fps constant for 2-3 years.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Some purchasing advise.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived