This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just picked up a Rift - way better than PSVR

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Just picked up a Rift - way better than PSVR

User Info: Renraku_San

Renraku_San
3 weeks ago#1
The motion tracking alone blows the PSVR out of the water. The screen door effect is noticeable to me, maybe more so than the PSVR, but it's not *that* bad, especially if you're into the game you're playing you won't notice it at all.

The FOV isn't that great. I read that the Vive is better.
The touch controllers work great.

It can be uncomfortable after a long time, the PSVR is more comfortable.
It has less light leak than the PSVR, which is good if you're playing during the day. The PSVR light leak is bad.

The built in head phones are decent and convenient.

For those of you who have a Vive/Rift, are there any games that you've put 20+ hours into? All the game seem so short.
I worship Jesus Christ and am 100% proud to be Christian!
I read the Bible every day, you should too!

User Info: SRV_God

SRV_God
3 weeks ago#2
Having not played anything but a psvr, your post didn't convince me the rift was better lol.

Between the aim controller, and Skyrim vr coming, I'm happy with my purchase.

User Info: lightningbugx

lightningbugx
3 weeks ago#3
Doom VFR and Fallout 4 VR are coming in December.

I have Vive, and I just installed Rift for a friend's father-in-law. Being able to move around in a room is nice, but not after mowing/trimming the yard.

I like the controllers for Rift, but I prefer Vive's setup.
Ryzen 1800X, 16GB 3600 MHz CAS15 DDR4, 2x Radeon R9 390X, GA-AX370-Gaming K7
x86 is holding back PCs.

User Info: SnakePlisken94

SnakePlisken94
3 weeks ago#4
psvr can also be used on pc now.
There's a paid program that does it quite well from what i've heard.

Having tried both the vive and the psvr,the only really noticeable difference to me is the resolution.PSVR looks more fuzzy.

i have not purchased either yet but am leaning towards the psvr especially since you can also use it on your pc.
DOOM and skyrim are going to be the deciding factor for me.If they both work well with trinus and can be played with a controller.
just your typical butthurt basement dweller

User Info: thefabregas22

thefabregas22
3 weeks ago#5
I got the rift a while ago and still can't find an affordable game with a decent length to it. From what I've heard, A Mages Tale and Lone Echo are about 8 - 10 hours but that's all I know of so far. I bought Superhot VR but the actual campaign only takes a couple hours to beat, the rest of the playtime comes from trying to improve at the game and do some of the other modes like endless or speedrun.
Alexis Sanchez Didn't Piss Off To City And I'm So Glad
Honk For Ponk

User Info: lightningbugx

lightningbugx
3 weeks ago#6
It takes a bit of effort to construct a game with lots to do. VR is still in its toddler stages as they cost money to get the hardware, effectively a console war inside the console wars. As such, we can only rely on ports for decent length games.
Ryzen 1800X, 16GB 3600 MHz CAS15 DDR4, 2x Radeon R9 390X, GA-AX370-Gaming K7
x86 is holding back PCs.

User Info: Renraku_San

Renraku_San
3 weeks ago#7
With the Rift you can use 4 sensors. The psvr only has the camera and will lose tracking of the wands if you turn around. The Rift sensors also seem to cover way more area.
I worship Jesus Christ and am 100% proud to be Christian!
I read the Bible every day, you should too!

User Info: Hypermass91

Hypermass91
2 weeks ago#8
I hear nothing but good things about the Vive. I can't imagine doing much in VR outside of 'cokpit' games, like flight sims.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Just picked up a Rift - way better than PSVR

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived