This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Leaked review of 8700k.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Leaked review of 8700k.

User Info: Pelaaja82

Pelaaja82
3 weeks ago#1
http://www.expreview.com/57166-all.html
Leaked review of 8700k. I am pretty sure most of you dont understand the language, but there are few pretty picture in the website to look at.
Pc: i7 6700k/980 ti/16gb ram and Ps4.

User Info: ThePCElitist

ThePCElitist
3 weeks ago#2
Archive in case the review is pulled.

http://archive.is/Kcu3h

User Info: LazyyAmerican

LazyyAmerican
3 weeks ago#3
Another incremental upgrade that's meaningless to PC gamers?
Apathy....the epitome of evil or something.

User Info: Kano92

Kano92
3 weeks ago#4
LazyyAmerican posted...
Another incremental upgrade that's meaningless to PC gamers?

LOL no, depends what you're upgrading from...durr
PC-WiiU-PS4

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
2 weeks ago#5
The biggest deal of it is the extra cores. That's probably about it.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: KaizerLaw

KaizerLaw
2 weeks ago#6
Damn that site sure looks like it will give your computer Cyber-Aids.

User Info: Kano92

Kano92
2 weeks ago#7
captsplatter_1 posted...
The biggest deal of it is the extra cores. That's probably about it.

I don't know about that. The 8350K which will retail for around 190$ matches and beats the 7700K according to what I I've seen so far, will have to wait a couple of weeks then will know for sure. But if true it's pretty impressive. The 8700K is a beast of it self too, in multi threading benches again preliminary it's a pretty nice bump in performance. Not sure whats up with this negativity I hearing. I've been waiting for something like this to upgrade myself.
PC-WiiU-PS4

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
2 weeks ago#8
Probably because Ryzen has been out a while and still offers a better value.
Architecturally, this seems to be a mixed bag. In some areas, it looks to be a clear downgrade from a similar Skylake X processor.
a quad core i7 was just a rebranded celeron -Pengu1n
Anything that has 3p fps or better is fine with me -mucloud

User Info: N3xtG3nGam3r

N3xtG3nGam3r
2 weeks ago#9
Pelaaja82 posted...
http://www.expreview.com/57166-all.html
Leaked review of 8700k. I am pretty sure most of you dont understand the language, but there are few pretty picture in the website to look at.

You do know as soon as you open the page, a box pops up asking if you'd like to translate the text...if you're using Chrome, that is.
ASUS B-150 Gaming MoBo| Intel CORE i5 6500k @ 3.5GHz | 32GB DDR4 | 2TB HDD | 600w PSU | nVidia GTX 1080Ti 11GB GDDR5-X

User Info: N3xtG3nGam3r

N3xtG3nGam3r
2 weeks ago#10
Summary, translated (obviously):

"...The eighth generation of Core Duo processor Intel did not make any adjustments to the kernel architecture, but very violent heap more than two core into, but it is so simple and crude way to make the processor multi-threaded performance soared more than 40%, LGA 1151 Core i7 / i5 have become a six-core, Core i3 has become quad-core, although we also want to see Intel launched a new micro-architecture, but this simple and crude pile core in fact we are also very happy to see.

More importantly, Intel did not make much adjustments to the CPU prices, the basic maintenance and the seventh generation of pricing, only Core i7-8700K and Core i5-8600K K with overclocking K model prices were up 20,15 The dollar, is still very conscientious, so that the six core in the mainstream platform is also popular Intel is also an important means to counter AMD Ryzen processor, really want to thank AMD to provoke this nuclear war.

Today we can only show you the performance of Core i7-8700K, the remaining temperature, power consumption and overclocking test with the evaluation of the motherboard with the Z370 offer...."
ASUS B-150 Gaming MoBo| Intel CORE i5 6500k @ 3.5GHz | 32GB DDR4 | 2TB HDD | 600w PSU | nVidia GTX 1080Ti 11GB GDDR5-X
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Leaked review of 8700k.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived