This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can I roll back to Windows 8.1 from Windows 10?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Can I roll back to Windows 8.1 from Windows 10?

User Info: blacklabelice

blacklabelice
2 months ago#11
JKatarn posted...
blacklabelice posted...
but that was my windows 10 experience in a nutshell. im sure its fine for others, but for me it was only just a headache getting it to do the one thing that i only needed to use it for.

That's unfortunate, but don't you think it's just a bit ludicrous to base your assessment of an OS on the operation of a single game/application? If I had given up on Windows 95 when the occasional flaky game/application reared it's head, or any other operating system, I'd likely still be using Windows 3.1. Of course personally I would never update to a new OS for a single game/application.

not at all. thats the one thing i ever needed the operating system for and it failed me. im just glad im not operating a small business and all of a sudden had a windows update bork vital software on me or anything like that, but still it pissed me right off enough to not want to use it again.

i havent had any problems with 8.1 so im just sticking with that until i have any reason to do otherwise. i dunno if forza 7 is gonna cut it for me
I cant afford a good vacation, so i'm just going to drink until i dont know where i am.

User Info: CursedPanther

CursedPanther
2 months ago#12
blacklabelice posted...

not at all. thats the one thing i ever needed the operating system for and it failed me. im just glad im not operating a small business and all of a sudden had a windows update bork vital software on me or anything like that, but still it pissed me right off enough to not want to use it again.

i havent had any problems with 8.1 so im just sticking with that until i have any reason to do otherwise. i dunno if forza 7 is gonna cut it for me

Which was the last version of 10 you used? After 2 major build updates it's now very stable overall. Consider the latest version 10.2

The 8.1 was the 'fixed' version of 8, being one of the worst OS MS had produced in history.

User Info: Zalborn

Zalborn
2 months ago#13
You can 100% do a clean install of 8.1 IF your computer was on that before 10. Just skip when it asks you for the key and the system will pull it on its own.

User Info: Lonestar2000

Lonestar2000
2 months ago#14
You might not be able to get drivers for it if you go to 8.1.
Rumble Roses. Someone enters the room. Them: O_O Me: What?! I always play games without my pants on!- Inmate 922335
#ImpeachTrump

User Info: blacklabelice

blacklabelice
2 months ago#15
CursedPanther posted...

Which was the last version of 10 you used? After 2 major build updates it's now very stable overall. Consider the latest version 10.2

The 8.1 was the 'fixed' version of 8, being one of the worst OS MS had produced in history.

whatever current build it was in like february. i cant remember. i havent even booted to the OS since then
I cant afford a good vacation, so i'm just going to drink until i dont know where i am.

User Info: mucloud

mucloud
2 months ago#16
Take that tin foil off kid lol
Cooler Master CM Storm Trooper White W10 64bit GA990FXAUD3 FX 8320 Vishera 8-Core Core 4.0 GHz 1000watt Rosewell PSU 32GB RAM XFX Radeon R9 390 8GB

User Info: Fade2black001

Fade2black001
2 months ago#17
blacklabelice posted...
mucloud posted...
Terrorknight3 posted...
Bought a laptop that came with Windows 10 and was wondering if the license for Windows 10 would work for Windows 8.1.

Nope just stick with w10 it's much better

i threw windows 10 clean on a seperate drive just to play forza horizon 3 and it was fine for a couple months (though rather unoptimized) and then either a game update or a windows update borked my game. would keep crashing to desktop frequently. sometimes even at the main menu. i hadnt done anything else with that OS except boot to it and launch the game

downloaded the whole 50 gb game again. then put in new gpu drivers. set my cpu and gpu back to factory speeds. got the same thing. would crash within minutes of launching. gave up on the game and windows 10 entirely after that and havent touched it since. i wasnt the only one getting those ctd's either. to this day i really dont know what went wrong, or if it was just a bad game patch or windows update and its been fixed, but its completely turned me off from windows 10 altogether and im a little pissed because i like playing forza games and forza 7 is right around the corner

i might just reinstall windows 10 and try giving it another shot. at least forza 7 is cross buy so i could at least be able to play the game on my xbox if windows 10 wants to give me another f***around

but that was my windows 10 experience in a nutshell. im sure its fine for others, but for me it was only just a headache getting it to do the one thing that i only needed to use it for. windows 8.1 has never gave me problems i play all my games just fine, i hear 7 is better but the home edition wont support more than 8 gb of ram (im using 16 and some of my games use over 8gb on my settings) and id have to go and spend alot more money on the professional edition of windows 7 which is no longer going to be supported anymore, so that doesnt make any sense to me so im just gonna stick with windows 8.1

ill give windows 10 another try. i mean i really didnt use it for anything other than FH3, but one day i go to turn it on and do a bunch of updates and ever since then the game just decided not to work anymore. so overall im not really impressed. i couldnt even disable windows update because when i did it would disable the windows store from working, which needed to be running just to be able to launch the game. i guess DRM purposes or something.

People calling Forza Horizon 3 unoptimized is funny as hell
Put on a smile cause Jesus loves you
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Can I roll back to Windows 8.1 from Windows 10?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived