This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Call of Duty: WW2 PC beta is now available to pre-load

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Call of Duty: WW2 PC beta is now available to pre-load

User Info: ArcadeGuy

ArcadeGuy
3 weeks ago#1
https://www.vg247.com/2017/09/25/the-call-of-duty-ww2-pc-beta-is-now-available-to-pre-load/

Activision has surprisingly made all files for the upcoming Call of Duty: WW2 PC beta available online today.

*Open beta.

User Info: Jason_Hudson

Jason_Hudson
3 weeks ago#2
Eh, I'll give it a go. Wasn't too impressed with it on the PS4, but who knows when it comes to PC.

Though what worries me about PC is whether War would be populated in a few months time. Only mode that interested me.
Specs: i7 4790k@4.6GHz |EVGA 1080 FTW| 16GB RAM - GLORIOUS PC MASTER RACE!
TRUMP IS THE GREATEST US PRESIDENT!

User Info: WalkingPlague

WalkingPlague
3 weeks ago#3
People still play COD? Bless your souls.
Ryzen 1600X @ 3.8Ghz | EVGA GTX 1080 | Corsair Vengeance 16GB 3200mhz | MSI B350 'Bazooka' | Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO

ArcadeGuy
3 weeks ago#4
WalkingPlague posted...

This one is going against BF1 so it should be a fan favorite.

User Info: WalkingPlague

WalkingPlague
3 weeks ago#5
ArcadeGuy posted...
WalkingPlague posted...

I've seen the comparison videos between BF1 and this. BF1 certainly pays more attention to detail and the little thing that complements its immersive properties. Aslong as WW2 focuses on the fun factor and doesn't waste time trying to outdo BF1, i.e. take itself too seriously, it could be fun. Personally, COD died long ago.
Ryzen 1600X @ 3.8Ghz | EVGA GTX 1080 | Corsair Vengeance 16GB 3200mhz | MSI B350 'Bazooka' | Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO

User Info: Ryyaann_Is_Band

Ryyaann_Is_Band
3 weeks ago#6
Thanks for the heads up TC. Already pre-ordered the game.
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Ryant12/
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/VanillaRice-1752/hero/337193

ArcadeGuy
3 weeks ago#7
Does anyone know if this will have Nvidia exclusive settings and features?

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
3 weeks ago#8
ArcadeGuy posted...
WalkingPlague posted...

I suppose it is as far as CoD being a direct competitor to the Battlefield franchise and following the "going back to older wars" trends, but I don't think CoDWW2 is directly going against BF1 this holiday season. BF1 will have been out for nearly a full year, which is generally the lifespan of these shooters as far as the mainstream masses are concerned. EA will be moving on to push Battlefront 2 this year and limiting its already waning support and advertising for BF1.

BF1 owners who don't like Star Wars will move onto CoDWW2 or stick with BF1. Newcomers who don't like Star Wars aren't going to want to buy last year's product, and Star Wars fans will buy Battlefront 2. CodWW2 is really going against Battlefront 2 this holiday season in terms of what you'll see when you open up a Best Buy mailer, for example. The main thing BF1 will have going for it is the price will be discounted along with Premium included in that price.
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

ArcadeGuy
3 weeks ago#9
yohabroha posted...
ArcadeGuy posted...
WalkingPlague posted...

BF1 will have been out for nearly a full year, which is generally the lifespan of these shooters as far as the mainstream masses are concerned.

I recall BF1 having over 20 million active players and BF 1 Revolution (complete edition) recently released, so it should be a top seller this holiday season.

User Info: Hexenherz

Hexenherz
3 weeks ago#10
It's a Call of Duty title so I don't expect it to have much longevity on PC. People don't realize that just because it's going back to a WW2 theme doesn't mean it's going back to its roots necessarily.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Call of Duty: WW2 PC beta is now available to pre-load

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived