This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Boobies increase videogame sales, according to a report

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Boobies increase videogame sales, according to a report

User Info: Hatsune_Miku

Hatsune_Miku
2 months ago#11
No article needed. Sex sells, it's been proven over and over again. NEXT
http://pcpartpicker.com/list/zRHKHN

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
2 months ago#12
daemon_dan posted...
premature tyrant posted...
yah no s***

this is the marketing strategy for like every japanese game now

Now? More like since the days of being able to depict some workable facsimile of breasts.

But moreover, the people who act like they never have any sort of magnetism toward things they find sexually appealing, yes even pixelated, are f***ing full of it and I find myself laughing at them whenever they do it. Granted, some games take it to a level where it's cringey, such as Gal Gun and Senran Kagura, but if you can sit there and tell me that you've never looked at a game character and gotten a little hot under the collar by them you either don't have properly working genitalia (seriously they all have minds of their own) or you're a god damn liar.

Edit: Or so sexually repressed that I feel genuinely bad for you

There's a difference between that and being a simp that buys a game simply because it has boobs on the cover. If you're over the age of 16 and are duped by that scheme, that's sad.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: daemon_dan

daemon_dan
2 months ago#13
JKatarn posted...
daemon_dan posted...
premature tyrant posted...
yah no s***

this is the marketing strategy for like every japanese game now

Now? More like since the days of being able to depict some workable facsimile of breasts.

But moreover, the people who act like they never have any sort of magnetism toward things they find sexually appealing, yes even pixelated, are f***ing full of it and I find myself laughing at them whenever they do it. Granted, some games take it to a level where it's cringey, such as Gal Gun and Senran Kagura, but if you can sit there and tell me that you've never looked at a game character and gotten a little hot under the collar by them you either don't have properly working genitalia (seriously they all have minds of their own) or you're a god damn liar.

Edit: Or so sexually repressed that I feel genuinely bad for you

There's a difference between that and being a simp that buys a game simply because it has boobs on the cover. If you're over the age of 16 and are duped by that scheme, that's sad.

So here's the thing. Sex sells. No one who ever buys a game with t*** on the cover bought it BECAUSE of the t*** on the cover. The t*** grab your attention.
"Don't you know our lives are on trial now? And if we lose, we're going straight to Hell! I could care less."
~DevilDriver: I Could Care Less

User Info: Borticus1

Borticus1
2 months ago#14
https://pics.me.me/trump-writing-a-term-paper-sources-cited-1-you-know-27776324.png
"Your superior intellects are no match for our puny weapons" - Kang

User Info: BMXJouster

BMXJouster
2 months ago#15
daemon_dan posted...
So here's the thing. Sex sells. No one who ever buys a game with t*** on the cover bought it BECAUSE of the t*** on the cover. The t*** grab your attention.

I'll admit this has worked on me before.

https://i.imgur.com/Ek9txR3.jpg

I saw this at Best Buy just after it came out and had never heard of it before. Jeanette on the cover is what prompted me to check out the game box, and in turn the description on the back made it sound cool so I picked it up. Ended up being my favorite game to this day.
Diners, Drive-Ins, & Dives
"One embarrassing clown's quest for the ultimate case of diarrhea."

User Info: ElDudorino

ElDudorino
2 months ago#16
I'm actually less inclined to buy a game that advertises itself with CG lady parts because I think it's a safe assumption that the game is going to be lesser quality if that's how it sells itself. That and video game sex scenes are uncomfortable and not sexy.
https://youtu.be/V24wzieMjKY?t=100

User Info: Supremo

Supremo
2 months ago#17
Yes, hot vg females are a big reason I buy the games. My money
Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are. - Ryu

User Info: Somato

Somato
2 months ago#18
you mean sex sells?

I have literally never heard that before and this is totally the first time i have ever heard anything like it.

In other news, what's it like being max level stupid?
ThePandaForest / Premature Tyrant is don_sf / DarKnight_sf

User Info: 95_Eclipse

95_Eclipse
2 months ago#19
Water is wet, according to a report.
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
If you believe used games are the industries problem, then you sir or ma'am are a fool.

User Info: playboydojo

playboydojo
2 months ago#20
BMXJouster posted...
I saw this at Best Buy just after it came out and had never heard of it before. Jeanette on the cover is what prompted me to check out the game box, and in turn the description on the back made it sound cool so I picked it up. Ended up being my favorite game to this day.

Yeah, same here. I remember going through that hotel thinking to myself "wtf did I buy?!"
...and then I said, "Oatmeal? Are you crazy?!"
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Boobies increase videogame sales, according to a report

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived