This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Atlus USA attempts to shut down PS3 emulator dev's Patreon page

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Atlus USA attempts to shut down PS3 emulator dev's Patreon page

User Info: Jedi454

Jedi454
2 months ago#1
https://www.reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/72lo12/statement_atlus_usa_attempts_to_shut_down/

The PS3 emulator itself is not infringing on our copyrights and trademarks; however, no version of the P5 game should be playable on this platform; and [the RPCS3] developers are infringing on our IP by making such games playable

I loved P5, but this is outright stupidity coming from Atlus. If they don't want people emulating their games, put them on the PC platform.
England is my city.

User Info: Hatsune_Miku

Hatsune_Miku
2 months ago#2
*Shrugs* I give 'em props for trying, it's not like they'll succeed.
http://pcpartpicker.com/list/zRHKHN

User Info: Black_Assassin

Black_Assassin
2 months ago#3
The PS3 emulator itself is not infringing on our copyrights and trademarks

...Atlus's argument doesn't seem to have a very strong basis.

Maybe I should donate to the project just to cause some Streisand effect.
Want to cure diseases with your spare computing power?
http://folding.stanford.edu/

User Info: Sir_Haxor

Sir_Haxor
2 months ago#4
I don't care about Atlus so they need to die.
Z97A | 4690k 4.6GHz | Hyper 212 Evo | EVGA GTX 1080ti | EVGA GS 650w | 16GB DDR3 | WDB 3TB |128GB SSD | Toshiba 500GB | Challenger S | Acer G257HU | LG 27UD68 |

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
2 months ago#5
They might have a case if they can prove that the DRM for P5 was specifically and explicitly circumvented for the purpose of furthering development of RCPS3, rather than the general system DRM of the PS3 it's self. Otherwise, it would be up to SONY to pursue the lawsuit, and they would likely have a hard time of it.
Does P5 have it's own DRM that needed to be explicitly circumvented to dump the game code?

Many companies don't want to support PC because they want to control the market more than the openness of the PC platform would allow. Big publishers are almost a necessity for making a successful console release, but on PC, that just isn't the case. Not that surprising that a company that mostly deals in publishing and localization wouldn't want to support an open platform.
a quad core i7 was just a rebranded celeron -Pengu1n
Anything that has 3p fps or better is fine with me -mucloud

User Info: WhyWontHeFall

WhyWontHeFall
2 months ago#6
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Many companies don't want to support PC because they want to control the market more than the openness of the PC platform would allow. Big publishers are almost a necessity for making a successful console release, but on PC, that just isn't the case. Not that surprising that a company that mostly deals in publishing and localization wouldn't want to support an open platform.

That's right. And they want to release "remaster" of the same game over and over again whereas PC can handle it in one go.

They $uck.

User Info: slyman19

slyman19
2 months ago#7
Sir_Haxor posted...
I don't care about Atlus so they need to die.

You're f***ing pathetic. Do hundreds of employees need to be fired? I don't know if your brain can connect this, but if Atlus dies, a lot of people will be out of work.

User Info: Tyranius2

Tyranius2
2 months ago#8
Welp, I'm gonna have to donate just to spite Atlus. If they don't want a third party making their games playable on PC, they should supply that demand themselves. If they don't want to, tough break.
Bolsonaro 2018
Fizz Buzz for life

User Info: SinisterSlay

SinisterSlay
2 months ago#9
Lol how dare people play on pc!
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence

User Info: slyman19

slyman19
2 months ago#10
SinisterSlay posted...
Lol how dare people play on pc!

People are pieces of s*** if they violate copyright. That's why some PC gamers are terrible individuals.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Atlus USA attempts to shut down PS3 emulator dev's Patreon page

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived