This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

As a reminder: Fortnite's Battle Royale mode is free for everyone starting today

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. As a reminder: Fortnite's Battle Royale mode is free for everyone starting today

User Info: -5xad0w-

-5xad0w-
3 weeks ago#1
https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/en-US/buy-now/battle-royale

Only the BR mode, not the PvE, which will become free in 2018 I think.

Haven't played it yet myself.
"This is a cool way to die!" -Philip J. Fry
KCO222OB|1440 Watts|6 Slice|Timer|Crumb Tray|Is a Toaster Oven

User Info: Rosencroitz

Rosencroitz
3 weeks ago#2
Meh.
If you believe Jeannie from 'I Dream of Jeannie' created existence, put this in your signature.

User Info: MaximumDonkey

MaximumDonkey
3 weeks ago#3
Is anyone actually playing this? How big is the download?
Half man, 100% Donkey.
Cleared of almost all state and federal charges!

User Info: crynryan

crynryan
3 weeks ago#4
Download was 20GBs I think? Didn't take long at 12MB/s. Tells you how many players are matchmaking too (I was seeing ~300) on the America servers.
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)

User Info: Jason_Hudson

Jason_Hudson
3 weeks ago#5
So yeah, I just played it.

Not even sure why Bluehole is even worried, it's straight f***ing garbage in comparison.

Oh, and yeah, it's a rip off of PUBG aside from being able to build basic buildings, no cars, very little loot and no way to customise your character. It took forever to even find a f***ing pistol. Loot is random in PUBG, but at least I can find something to defend myself with.

It's just terrible in comparison, a cheap knockoff. Plus you need yet another launcher to actually play it, as if we didn't have enough.

Uninstalled.

crynryan posted...
Download was 20GBs I think?

Actually, at least for me (I don't have the PVE s*** on it), it was only like 7.5GB.
Specs: i7 4790k@4.6GHz |EVGA 1080 FTW| 16GB RAM - GLORIOUS PC MASTER RACE!
TRUMP IS THE GREATEST US PRESIDENT!

User Info: BrokenMachine85

BrokenMachine85
3 weeks ago#6
Will give it a go when I get back from work. Thanks TC ;)
Ryzen 1600X @4GHz | B350 Tomahawk | H90 | GTX 1080 @2GHz | 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 | 28" Acer Predator 4K GSync 1ms
Playing : Quake Champions

User Info: VoidNoodle

VoidNoodle
3 weeks ago#7
Gunplay's feeling terrible, I can hit one guy in the head with one shot from afar, and miss 5 shots on the next person with the same distance between us. RNG is real.
2017 Goal: 400pp and 500pp. Current top play: 307pp
HHKB Pro 2 | Ducky One TKL RGB | Quickfire TK | Corsair K90

User Info: ClunkerSlim

ClunkerSlim
3 weeks ago#8
Yikes. I was going to try it but you guys make me think that I shouldn't even bother. Anyone else try it yet?
https://twitter.com/ClunkerSlim

User Info: Lienhart

Lienhart
3 weeks ago#9
VoidNoodle posted...
Gunplay's feeling terrible, I can hit one guy in the head with one shot from afar, and miss 5 shots on the next person with the same distance between us. RNG is real.

Likely hitscan.

PUGB is projectiles iirc.

User Info: xenosaga123

xenosaga123
3 weeks ago#10
its arcadey. of course it's not more realistic accuracy/damage like PUBG, some actually find the "RNG" with damage and accuracy to be quite intense. plus they will patch and tweak things.

Fortnite's battle royale is great, though some that want something more hardcore, can wait like a year for PUBG if they don't wanna waste $100s on a Xbox One or PC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pap4TVXi1Zo
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. As a reminder: Fortnite's Battle Royale mode is free for everyone starting today

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived