This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Shadow of War PC 100 GB confirmed file size . High resolution confirmed.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Shadow of War PC 100 GB confirmed file size . High resolution confirmed.

User Info: GTL581

GTL581
2 months ago#21
Born Lucky posted...
Edavy89 posted...
Moronic attitude.

No - a moron would just go along with a 100 GB download of a game that has muddy textures and pop in, and doesn't look much better than Dragon's Dogma,
That's the kind of attitude a passive, sissy moron would have.

An intelligent person, would question the skills of a developer that needs 100 GB for a game that doesn't look as good as games that use less than half of those resources.

See the difference?
Good.

no, he's right. complaining that technology and storage sizes are moving forward exponentially is moronic.

clearly you've played this unreleased game on its highest settings and are the perfect judge of just how detailed its textures are.

User Info: mucloud

mucloud
2 months ago#22
LazyyAmerican posted...
Lol 100gbs....get rekt ISPs.

Lol this very much.
Cooler Master CM Storm Trooper White W10 64bit GA990FXAUD3 FX 8320 Vishera 8-Core Core 4.0 GHz 1000watt Rosewell PSU 32GB RAM XFX Radeon R9 390 8GB

User Info: mucloud

mucloud
2 months ago#23
My god I guess I need to delete some games at least 3 or more.

I hope the 4k textures are not included in the downoald.
Cooler Master CM Storm Trooper White W10 64bit GA990FXAUD3 FX 8320 Vishera 8-Core Core 4.0 GHz 1000watt Rosewell PSU 32GB RAM XFX Radeon R9 390 8GB

User Info: Marikhen

Marikhen
2 months ago#24
I remember back around 1996/1997 when I got Wing Commander IV for PC. Thanks to all the FMV the game required an astonishing, for the time, 6 CDs to play, and it wasn't until 2000 or 2001 that I could get a 23GB hard drive to replace my PC's original 3GB drive (that for some reason was split into a 2GB and 1GB partition) that would handle all the data from the discs.

At the time, my classmates asked questions implying that I was silly for getting a 23GB drive, but with all 6 discs' worth of FMVs in the install folder, I could play Wing Commander IV without having to ever insert much less swap a disc.

So now we've got 100GB games, games that only use up 1/40th of a 4TB drive's storage capacity, but in 1996 Wing Commander would have used up 100% of my 3GB drive's capacity. Even in 2000/2001 it took up almost 1/7th of my 23GB drive's capacity, almost 5 times more space, as a percentage of the whole, than 100GB drives do on a 4TB drive.

Personally, I gotta say that the situation definitely looks better now than it did in 1996-2001.

Having said that, I do think that it's a farce that the game takes up 100GB drive space yet still has another $100 (possible hyperbole, but it's a round number comparison) in purchasable content not included in that 100GB package.

The drive footprint increase is pretty hefty in absolute terms, and developers pushing that sort of thing off on consumers when the games aren't even content complete with the initial purchase is just plain asinine. I don't have a problem with a 100GB game that's launched with all its content, doesn't necessarily have any expansions planned, and has no DLC or cash shops, but 100GB for a $60 game where you have to pay another $100 for the other 5-20GB of the game is, as I said, asinine.

Mind you that I'd still have issues with games shipping with half a dozen different versions with prices hitting triple digits where the core game isn't content complete and requires purchasing a "super special maxi mega" edition and/or a couple dozen DLCs to make it content complete. Games that hit triple digits in drive space consumption while still being content incomplete and having those same multiple versions and tons of DLC just add insult to injury.
Logic is the antithesis of faith, else why is it that faith defies logic while logic denies faith?

User Info: young_flip

young_flip
2 months ago#25
60GBs in 18 minutes...that is impressive.
playing: the Witcher 3
add me on steam: prejt2. "Oh my goodness. Freedom!"

User Info: ritsuka66

ritsuka66
2 months ago#26
Marikhen posted...
I remember back around 1996/1997 when I got Wing Commander IV for PC. Thanks to all the FMV the game required an astonishing, for the time, 6 CDs to play, and it wasn't until 2000 or 2001 that I could get a 23GB hard drive to replace my PC's original 3GB drive (that for some reason was split into a 2GB and 1GB partition) that would handle all the data from the discs.

At the time, my classmates asked questions implying that I was silly for getting a 23GB drive, but with all 6 discs' worth of FMVs in the install folder, I could play Wing Commander IV without having to ever insert much less swap a disc.

So now we've got 100GB games, games that only use up 1/40th of a 4TB drive's storage capacity, but in 1996 Wing Commander would have used up 100% of my 3GB drive's capacity. Even in 2000/2001 it took up almost 1/7th of my 23GB drive's capacity, almost 5 times more space, as a percentage of the whole, than 100GB drives do on a 4TB drive.

Personally, I gotta say that the situation definitely looks better now than it did in 1996-2001.

Having said that, I do think that it's a farce that the game takes up 100GB drive space yet still has another $100 (possible hyperbole, but it's a round number comparison) in purchasable content not included in that 100GB package.

The drive footprint increase is pretty hefty in absolute terms, and developers pushing that sort of thing off on consumers when the games aren't even content complete with the initial purchase is just plain asinine. I don't have a problem with a 100GB game that's launched with all its content, doesn't necessarily have any expansions planned, and has no DLC or cash shops, but 100GB for a $60 game where you have to pay another $100 for the other 5-20GB of the game is, as I said, asinine.

Mind you that I'd still have issues with games shipping with half a dozen different versions with prices hitting triple digits where the core game isn't content complete and requires purchasing a "super special maxi mega" edition and/or a couple dozen DLCs to make it content complete. Games that hit triple digits in drive space consumption while still being content incomplete and having those same multiple versions and tons of DLC just add insult to injury.

Crazy story dude. lol
Life....Hope...Dreams, What are these things? And where are they going? These things... I will destroy! -KEFKA -

User Info: young_flip

young_flip
2 months ago#27
sonicteam2k1 posted...
people love all of that digital only future action. can't wait to see how this pans out for people with data caps

most telecom companies have been raising data caps in the past few years. but I wonder if the pace of game sizes and the higher incidence of entire families streaming all their media won't soon blow past it.
playing: the Witcher 3
add me on steam: prejt2. "Oh my goodness. Freedom!"

User Info: ArkonBlade

ArkonBlade
2 months ago#28
jesus we went from 50GB games a few years ago to some coming to 100GB!?

How much longer till they get to 200-250gb.
YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/ArkonBlade/videos
PSN - ArkonBlade XBL - The Wolf Shadow STEAM - ArkonBlade

User Info: Terantatek

Terantatek
2 months ago#29
What exactly does High Resolution mean by how you are saying it TC? I mean of course it can be 1440p or 4k right? Or is it a texture patch where it increases the resolution of textures?
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/WJMPZ8
i7 7700k @ 4.6ghz | Asus ROG Strix 1080TI OC | Ripjaws 16GB 3000mhz | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus Swift PG278QR

User Info: Pauken

Pauken
2 months ago#30
I knew it. By 2030 modern games will eat up a whole 1tb hard drive.

Gaming Industry Crash 2.0 when?
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Shadow of War PC 100 GB confirmed file size . High resolution confirmed.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived