This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Battlefront 2 is pretty boring.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Battlefront 2 is pretty boring.

User Info: EpicKingdom_

EpicKingdom_
2 months ago#1
DICE/EA just can't recapture the greatness of the old Battlefront games.

User Info: ryouma17

ryouma17
2 months ago#2
its an EA game did you really expect it to be good?
http://i.imgur.com/GIugA1n.gifv

User Info: EpicKingdom_

EpicKingdom_
2 months ago#3
ryouma17 posted...
its an EA game did you really expect it to be good?

Yes, I expected it to be GOTY obviously.

User Info: Mad_Mike86

Mad_Mike86
2 months ago#4
I thought it was decent. Only played a couple hours though. Don't think I will pay over $40 for it though
"All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke
GT - Mad Mike86

User Info: gwizzler

gwizzler
2 months ago#5
Not enough players for Galactic Assault. I never felt like I was part of anything more than a tiny little skirmish on the streets of Naboo. Also, the Naboo map is terrible. They were too concerned with showing off environmental effects (like birds flying up through the sidewalk), as opposed to making sure the map is actually fun to play. The star cards also just kill the game. Not only is all progression locked behind f***ing lootboxes, they've done the unthinkable and made it P2W with cards like making Boba Fett invulnerable while boosting at card level 4, or just straight up giving ships more health and damage output.

The community for this game will be dead after a few months. They didn't want to split the playerbase with map packs, so instead they split it based on character strength. A bunch of people are inevitably going to end up getting the game for Christmas. When they hop in for the first time and face people with fully upgraded guns and star cards, they're going to face a dilemma; either uninstall or break out that credit card.
"If the animals can find the strength, why can't we?" - Casey Foster

User Info: AsucaHayashi

AsucaHayashi
2 months ago#6
gwizzler posted...
(like birds flying up through the sidewalk)

that looked f***ing horrible tbh.

maybe it's my setup which doesn't make sense(close to maxed out at 1080p with 1070) so it's probably a game problem.
http://abload.de/img/pcgamingxtuvt.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/9Yv0R2Z.jpg

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
2 months ago#7
Yeah the Naboo map was a poor choice to showcase the game for a beta, but I wouldn't call it a deal breaker. However, the star cards are the deal breaker here.
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
2 months ago#8
I'd also like to throw out there that this is probably one of the few situations where nobody would have given a f*** if they had just reskinned a previous game (BF4/BF1) and slapped Star Wars on the box. Every deviation they make from the mainline, already-declining Battlefield games seems to just be for the worse.
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

User Info: Jonbazookaboz

Jonbazookaboz
2 months ago#9
It is very casual. Reminds me of early xbox starwars games with added multiplayer. Theres a place for it though. Some people prefer casual
"If PAC-MAN had affected us kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music!"

User Info: gwizzler

gwizzler
2 months ago#10
yohabroha posted...
I'd also like to throw out there that this is probably one of the few situations where nobody would have given a f*** if they had just reskinned a previous game (BF4/BF1) and slapped Star Wars on the box. Every deviation they make from the mainline, already-declining Battlefield games seems to just be for the worse.

The vocal minority hated Battlefront 1 because it was a watered down Battlefield with a Star Wars skin. Didn't matter because the game sold millions. The same thing will happen here. Every year, more people start gaming who never had before. For them, all of the bulls*** that has come to make me despise the industry is completely normal and mostly not a big deal.
"If the animals can find the strength, why can't we?" - Casey Foster
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Battlefront 2 is pretty boring.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived