This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Battlefront 2 is pretty boring.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Battlefront 2 is pretty boring.

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
2 months ago#11
gwizzler posted...
yohabroha posted...
I'd also like to throw out there that this is probably one of the few situations where nobody would have given a f*** if they had just reskinned a previous game (BF4/BF1) and slapped Star Wars on the box. Every deviation they make from the mainline, already-declining Battlefield games seems to just be for the worse.

The vocal minority hated Battlefront 1 because it was a watered down Battlefield with a Star Wars skin. Didn't matter because the game sold millions. The same thing will happen here. Every year, more people start gaming who never had before. For them, all of the bulls*** that has come to make me despise the industry is completely normal and mostly not a big deal.

The game was watered down, that's why I'm saying they should just literally clone BF1 and reskin. No changes whatsoever except to balance the game. Why can't I just get Sinai Desert as Tattooine with some Tie Fighters swooping down overhead?
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

User Info: PrettyTonyTiger

PrettyTonyTiger
2 months ago#12
I really wanted this to be THE massive battlefield battlefront game, but it's still using bonus systems to use vehicles. Meaning no boarding multi-man vehicles available around the maps, shame
hole
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1273-palutena

User Info: EpicKingdom_

EpicKingdom_
2 months ago#13
gwizzler posted...
They were too concerned with showing off environmental effects (like birds flying up through the sidewalk)

Yeah, there's a lot of unnecessary particle effects (leaves, birds, etc).

User Info: Hexenherz

Hexenherz
2 months ago#14
"The greatness of the old Battlefront games"

rofl. The old Battlefront games were terrible. Some modders did a better job making a SW mod for BF1942 before the first Battlefront ever came out.

User Info: it_r_over9000

it_r_over9000
2 months ago#15
gwizzler posted...
The vocal minority hated Battlefront 1 because it was a watered down Battlefield with a Star Wars skin

People keep saying this and it's still wrong. Battlefront 2015 was not a Battlefield clone. It played nothing like Battlefield, it didn't resemble Battlefield in any way besides the fact that they're shooters and vehicles were a thing. The gameplay was completely different, no mechanics from Battlefield were present in the game, and there were no classes.
i7 4770k @ 4.5 | H115i | Maximus Hero VI | Asus Strix 1080 ti OC | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | XFX 850w Pro Black Full Modular | 850 EVO 1.5TB | Seagate 1TB HDD

User Info: BaldursGate

BaldursGate
2 months ago#16
It has a lot of visual noise, which makes it hard to determine where enemies are and the visual directional feedback from enemies shooting at you is very weak, so you can't determine where they are half the time.

There's also a film grain effect that irritates me, the fov is locked to 55 in first person mode, the map the demo is on is quite bland. You have to run around small objects because you can't jump over anything above 50cms high.

The cards in game make some people ridiculously powerful and you can feel it in game when someone has played a lot more than you, when you shoot at them first and then they clean you up in one or two bullets.

User Info: CursedPanther

CursedPanther
2 months ago#17
it_r_over9000 posted...
gwizzler posted...
The vocal minority hated Battlefront 1 because it was a watered down Battlefield with a Star Wars skin

People keep saying this and it's still wrong. Battlefront 2015 was not a Battlefield clone. It played nothing like Battlefield, it didn't resemble Battlefield in any way besides the fact that they're shooters and vehicles were a thing. The gameplay was completely different, no mechanics from Battlefield were present in the game, and there were no classes.

If Battlefront was ever trying to do its own thing, it didn't exactly succeed either and the active community died pretty fast.

The only reason it sold well was becuz it had the SW name on it, released as the spearhead of the SW movie franchise reboot campaign and probably lured a whole bunch of non-gamers to get it due to the top notch close to photo-realism graphics.

When it comes down to the actual gameplay which only real gamers care about, nothing really standouts as an FPS other than the players get to sorta roleplay as certain iconic characters from a movie franchise. Non-gamers being ass raped by Battlefield tryhards every corner only lost interest even faster.

User Info: Requiem

Requiem
2 months ago#18
...still cautiously hopeful for the single player mode for the journey.
Copyright free literature available at http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Main_Page... otherwise known as Tex-Mex
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Battlefront 2 is pretty boring.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived