This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Looking to get back into PC gaming. Is an upgrade essential?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Looking to get back into PC gaming. Is an upgrade essential?

User Info: premature tyrant

premature tyrant
2 months ago#21
^there's an m.2 version of that ssd
https://pcpartpicker.com/user/pandaforest/saved/
- BEST possible gaming PC builds for the $$$ -

User Info: pyromania86

pyromania86
2 months ago#22
You will need a new CPU now or very soon. Prob a 4gb GPU (1050ti min) and another 8gb ram. In this order. New CPU comes with mobo. Pretty much a full re-build if you can salvage anything..
i7 6700k @ 4.6GHz | CRYORIG H7 | XFX GTR RX-480 8GB | 16GB DDR4 @ 3200 | MSI Z270 | SSD x2 | SSHD 2TB
http://gamercards.exophase.com/128564.png

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
2 months ago#23
Contrary to what this topic has no doubt been about so far, I'd recommend seeing what you can play on your current machine first, and sinking time into the plethora of games you didn't get into rather than rushing to get something for all the latest games coming out. It's free, and there's plenty you can run from around the time you built it to a few years after.

That said, however, if you're the more 'social' type of gamer that needs to play all the latest games to talk about them with your friends, you'll need to replace all of the main performance parts. That GPU isn't really supported anymore and will likely struggle with anything new, assuming it works at all, and the CPU, while usable, is definitely far from optimal, and will likely be borderline unplayable in more demanding titles.
a quad core i7 was just a rebranded celeron -Pengu1n
Anything that has 3p fps or better is fine with me -mucloud
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Looking to get back into PC gaming. Is an upgrade essential?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived