This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best Space Sims with customization in ships and control in combat?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Best Space Sims with customization in ships and control in combat?

User Info: EvilBookworm

EvilBookworm
2 months ago#1
So I'm in kind of a space sim mood, and I've been playing a lot of from the depths and watching star wars channels, so I want to play a good 4x or similar game, but I want to be able to design my own ships in it. I know there are a few out there like that (Galciv 2 for instance) But I want my designs to matter, and be able to control (not 1st person necessarily, but have influence on the ship's movement, fire, etc) the ships in combat. I've got a standby for that, Stardrive, but it has a lot of problems, outside the amazing design system. Other than stardrive, I really don't know other sims that have both. I've heard of Star Ruler, but haven't tried it yet, and I think Galciv 3 is similar to 2, with cinematic style battles. any suggestions?
Death is a journey. The funeral is the last stop. The coffin is the train, the reaper the conductor. Me, I'm the guy who sells you a ticket at half price...

User Info: ElDudorino

ElDudorino
2 months ago#2
Master of Orion 2. It's old, though. I've never found another space sim that works quite as well.

EvilBookworm
2 months ago#3
ElDudorino posted...
Master of Orion 2. It's old, though. I've never found another space sim that works quite as well.

True. That one is quite good. even with gun facings and similar. Honestly, the only thing that turns me off that one is I like to be able to design the looks as well. Still, probably one of the best options out there.
Death is a journey. The funeral is the last stop. The coffin is the train, the reaper the conductor. Me, I'm the guy who sells you a ticket at half price...

User Info: Vmode

Vmode
2 months ago#4
EvilBookworm posted...
but I want to be able to design my own ships in it.

As in, equip it with different weapons, armor, etc, or the whole thing, with visuals and end the whole nine yards?
"Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven" - extract from Paradise Lost (Book 1, Line 263)

EvilBookworm
2 months ago#5
Vmode posted...
EvilBookworm posted...
but I want to be able to design my own ships in it.

As in, equip it with different weapons, armor, etc, or the whole thing, with visuals and end the whole nine yards?

Equip with different weapons at a minimum, the whole nine would be preferable though.

User Info: aldon_47

aldon_47
2 months ago#6
How about Endless Space? Cant say anything for the new one but I remember in the first there was ship design and I think you had control over battle tactics. Its been a long time since Ive played it so I cant remember a lot of the details. Theres also Sins of Solar Empire (not sure which is the more "complete" version) but I think thats more Real Time. I dont know if theres much ship design but I think there are a ton of mods for it too. The Star Trek one jumps to mind. Might be worth a look at on Steam anyway.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Best Space Sims with customization in ships and control in combat?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived