This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Playing games on a 5400 RPM HDD vs 7200 HDD.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Playing games on a 5400 RPM HDD vs 7200 HDD.

User Info: Terrorknight3

Terrorknight3
1 month ago#61
TBF I have a 5400 RPM hard-drive for storage and a SSD for my O.S.

I don't really notice the loading speed for games to be too bothersome.

User Info: Critcal50

Critcal50
1 month ago#62
arleas posted...
Critcal50 posted...
no one ever responds to

you responded.

There's a lot of internet tough guys who do nothing but enter topics to tell us that they don't cry over video games, that everyone should just go outside more, get laid, "do you even lift" type bro nonsense, and "ROFL never change" is a classic line since it doesn't really say anything but it's guaranteed to annoy people.

Just smile and nod and move on. You can't talk sense into a stump. You can't reason with a brick wall. etc.

Lol, it took me 5 seconds to type a response.

He would check back every few days to see no one responded. Yet still respond to people posting.

Who really lost here?
EVGA GTX 970 SC | i5-6600k | Corsair 8 x 2 DDR4 | ASUS Z170A | NZXT Phantom 410

User Info: Renraku_San

Renraku_San
1 month ago#63
Critcal50 posted...
arleas posted...
Critcal50 posted...
no one ever responds to

you responded.

There's a lot of internet tough guys who do nothing but enter topics to tell us that they don't cry over video games, that everyone should just go outside more, get laid, "do you even lift" type bro nonsense, and "ROFL never change" is a classic line since it doesn't really say anything but it's guaranteed to annoy people.

Just smile and nod and move on. You can't talk sense into a stump. You can't reason with a brick wall. etc.

He would check back every few days to see no one responded. Yet still respond to people posting.

Who really lost here?

Make sure you update that sig there, champ, everyone should know you're running 5400rpm drives, lol.
I worship Jesus Christ and am 100% proud to be Christian!
I read the Bible every day, you should too!

User Info: DreDayy

DreDayy
1 month ago#64
Critcal50 posted...
arleas posted...
Critcal50 posted...
no one ever responds to

you responded.

Who really lost here?

well you lost because you are willingly running 5400rpm drives in year of our lord the baby jesus 2017
|i5 8400|z370m gaming pro|16gb 3000|GTX 1080 TI|960evo 500gb|m500 960gb|350D|G2 550|X34 Predator|

User Info: Critcal50

Critcal50
1 month ago#65
Renraku_San posted...
Critcal50 posted...
arleas posted...
Critcal50 posted...
no one ever responds to

you responded.

Who really lost here?

Make sure you update that sig there, champ, everyone should know you're running 5400rpm drives, lol.

Its a 7200, but okay
EVGA GTX 970 SC | i5-6600k | Corsair 8 x 2 DDR4 | ASUS Z170A | NZXT Phantom 410

Renraku_San
1 month ago#66
Critcal50 posted...
Renraku_San posted...
Critcal50 posted...
arleas posted...
Critcal50 posted...
no one ever responds to

you responded.

Who really lost here?

Its a 7200, but okay

Actually don't put the drive model or anything, just put the statement: "I'm a filthy peasant that games on spindles like a cavewoman, hurdur"

User Info: theswatleader

theswatleader
1 month ago#67
Renraku_San posted...
Critcal50 posted...
Renraku_San posted...
Critcal50 posted...
arleas posted...
Critcal50 posted...
no one ever responds to

you responded.

Who really lost here?

Its a 7200, but okay

Actually don't put the drive model or anything, just put the statement: "I'm a filthy peasant that games on spindles like a cavewoman, hurdur"

Whats your problem with hdds?

User Info: cancerquake

cancerquake
1 month ago#68
once you go ssd you can't go back

load screens, boot time, file transfers
boom

Renraku_San
1 month ago#69
theswatleader posted...

For archiving, backups, music/media storage - absolutely nothing.

For anything else - it's terrible; fragmentation, seek times, spindle spin up, transfer limits, vibration and noise, crashing heads, mechanical components that deteriorate, small random file accessing compared to ssd, the list goes on.

User Info: theswatleader

theswatleader
1 month ago#70
Renraku_San posted...
theswatleader posted...

For archiving, backups, music/media storage - absolutely nothing.

For anything else - it's terrible; fragmentation, seek times, spindle spin up, transfer limits, vibration and noise, crashing heads, mechanical components that deteriorate, small random file accessing compared to ssd, the list goes on.

For games its fine. Not an issue for the most part. Most games will be fine. Also. I would spend a small fortune trying to buy ssds with enough space for all my games. Literally would cost more than everything else in my computer.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Playing games on a 5400 RPM HDD vs 7200 HDD.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived