This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sonic Forces "first developed on PC"

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Sonic Forces "first developed on PC"

User Info: WhyWontHeFall

WhyWontHeFall
2 months ago#21
Dragon Nexus posted...
Because it protects the game from piracy for a few days. Some publishers obviously believe it's worth it just for that.

More like it's conditioning people to accept online only malware.

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
2 months ago#22
Well, the sensible way to design a game is to produce the version for the most (potentially) powerful target platform FIRST, then dial things back as necessary for other platforms.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: WhyWontHeFall

WhyWontHeFall
2 months ago#23
JKatarn posted...
Well, the sensible way to design a game is to produce the version for the most (potentially) powerful target platform FIRST, then dial things back as necessary for other platforms.

That's right and that's what they did.

They weren't given a nintendont development kit first and told to go design for that, no sir.

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
2 months ago#24
1337toothbrush posted...
captsplatter_1 posted...
Ya if you buy digital. PC physical is non existent at this point. I buy physical when I can for console games. Plus I can resell the game anyways.

You can easily make backups of PC digital titles. Can't say the same for a console physical copy. Plus you'll be able to play that PC game on future PCs. For consoles, you'll have to rebuy the game on the new platform.

randomoaf posted...
console version has value b/c you can resell it. when you buy pc version, you're locked into it. you don't know if the dev will leave gamers hanging once the studio goes belly up.

Or you could simply buy the PC version for a lower price and own it forever.

Backups on those games? You can do that? I figure Steam DRM would prevent that or something.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
2 months ago#25
JKatarn posted...

With a scalable engine. Like the FOX engine.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: Voxwik

Voxwik
2 months ago#26
captsplatter_1 posted...
1337toothbrush posted...
captsplatter_1 posted...
Ya if you buy digital. PC physical is non existent at this point. I buy physical when I can for console games. Plus I can resell the game anyways.

You can easily make backups of PC digital titles. Can't say the same for a console physical copy. Plus you'll be able to play that PC game on future PCs. For consoles, you'll have to rebuy the game on the new platform.

randomoaf posted...
console version has value b/c you can resell it. when you buy pc version, you're locked into it. you don't know if the dev will leave gamers hanging once the studio goes belly up.

Or you could simply buy the PC version for a lower price and own it forever.

Backups on those games? You can do that? I figure Steam DRM would prevent that or something.

Not all Steam games use DRM. For example Divinity: Original Sin 2 does not.

Either way I'm a fan of Denuvo for a few weeks/months and then patching it out. That protects the release window while not punishing customers.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Sonic Forces "first developed on PC"

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived