This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can anybody help me figure out what is wrong with my Memory?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Can anybody help me figure out what is wrong with my Memory?

User Info: SkaterUB

SkaterUB
2 months ago#1
I have 16gb of Ram and when I start up the computer now it shows up to over 90% and I have no idea why.

https://imgur.com/a/ZX3sJ
Steam/XBL/PSN: ShadowShooter93
3DS FC: 1332-8869-6872

User Info: Zachnorn

Zachnorn
2 months ago#2
Check your Performance tab, then go to Memory. Is your non-paged pool very high?

If it is, it's likely a problem with drivers. Try making sure they are updated.
<D

User Info: Terribletruth69

Terribletruth69
2 months ago#3
Check to see if windows is attempting to look for updates automatically. My laptop is windows 8 still. I did a factory reset and windows ate up all available RAM to look for potential updates, even though it was updated.

I had to Google to find this out so I can't recall what it was called, sorry.

User Info: SkaterUB

SkaterUB
2 months ago#4
Zachnorn posted...
Check your Performance tab, then go to Memory. Is your non-paged pool very high?

If it is, it's likely a problem with drivers. Try making sure they are updated.

Last night it was over 15gb. Right now it is only at 288mb with 3gb in use. But after some time it will go back up to 99% in use. I'm also not sure how to update memory drivers?
Steam/XBL/PSN: ShadowShooter93
3DS FC: 1332-8869-6872

User Info: Jonbazookaboz

Jonbazookaboz
2 months ago#5
Open task manager click the start up tab. What processes are enabled. Maybe you have lots of unnecesarry programs working
"If PAC-MAN had affected us kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music!"

User Info: oblique365

oblique365
2 months ago#6
Task manager should show you what programs are using the memory...
i5 4590, Gigabyte B85M-DS3H-A mobo, 8gb ram, samsung 850 evo 250gb ssd, Wd blue 1tb Hdd, Evga 500w psu, Corsair carbide spec01 case, Msi gtx 1060 6gb
(message deleted)

User Info: blacklabelice

blacklabelice
2 months ago#8
i was going to help you with a solution but now i cant remember
I cant afford a good vacation, so i'm just going to drink until i dont know where i am.

User Info: TimePharaoh

TimePharaoh
2 months ago#9
No, I'm not a doctor. Alzheimer's?
Wait, what? I heard about the Netflix thing but how does the music thing work? You get partial songs or what? - Fade2Scrub420

User Info: arleas

arleas
2 months ago#10
SkaterUB posted...
Last night it was over 15gb. Right now it is only at 288mb with 3gb in use. But after some time it will go back up to 99% in use.

Sounds to me like some program you're using has a bad memory leak and so if you leave it running it eventually eats up all your RAM.

inb4 "I use 572747 browser tabs in Firefox"
http://steamsignature.com/profile/english/76561197969913402.png http://i.imgur.com/VHKOxqN.png
FC: 3325-5440-8407 Dream Code:5E00-0013-7C61
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Can anybody help me figure out what is wrong with my Memory?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived