This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Star Ocean The Last Hope Remastered coming to PC

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Star Ocean The Last Hope Remastered coming to PC

User Info: fsunolez75

fsunolez75
2 months ago#21
Good for those who liked this one I guess. Unfortunately the 4th installment is one of my most hated games. Between the horrible characters, voice acting, and story, the 9243759234675 enemies and long story sequences inbetween the sparse save points made this game so bad, I gave up playing it. Multiple times. Figured I'd go back and try playing it again a few times, each time failing to get into it. Such a bad game.

At least I found 5 quite a lot better than 4, though 5 still doesn't hold a candle to the first 3 games.
Money saving tip: Since it costs 2 cents to share your thoughts, and you only get a penny for them, just stop talking.

User Info: saltedham

saltedham
2 months ago#22
Pelaaja82 posted...
'kay!
(X)_(X)
SUSANO'O!!!!!

User Info: Combo Master

Combo Master
2 months ago#23
This game has such a bad rep.. I can't think of any reason they would choose to bring this game to the pc instead of all the other options they have.
Combo Master

User Info: Sephiroth311

Sephiroth311
2 months ago#24
I really enjoyed the third one, didn’t realise it was widely hated though. Never got around to playing this one but doesn’t sound like I’m missing out. Hopefully they port 3 because I’d love to play that again
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!

User Info: Dragon Nexus

Dragon Nexus
2 months ago#25
SchoolRumble posted...
i remember there being i think two different versions? one with more content than the other. i hope its that one, i never got a chance to play the 'complete' one.

The Ps3 version had more stuff in it. Even down to little things like the portraits being anime style as opposed to the 360's which looked like the in-game models.

http://gematsu.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/SOTLH-PS3-360-Menus.jpg

It was one of those stupid "Duh, Muricans too stupid to like anime design, we use models instead cos they dumb!" ideas with a sprinkling of "360 owners won't give the game a chance if they think it has anime in it"

There was a lot of that on the 360, games altered to fit in with what people thought the 360 audience really wanted. Nier was a famous example.

The PS3 version got all the stuff the japanese version did in terms of appearance without the hassle of disk swapping due to them having blu ray tech to work from.

The biggest frustration with JRPGs though had to be Tales of Vesperia. MS paid for 360 exclusivity for that game and got it. then Namco took that money and added a ton more content, including two new characters, sside stories, bonus missions and even more *actual* plot stuff and made it PS3 Japan only. So lucky us, those who bought it on 360. We got to be early access supporters who weren't allowed the finish product!
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde

User Info: Hi C

Hi C
2 months ago#26
EliteGuard99 posted...
ugh it's the s***ty 4th game.

Gross.

ah s***
it's SO4
this is the worst one

Someone hasn't played the 5th.
I5-4590 | ASUS H97i-PLUS & VS239hp | 8GB Ballistix Sport | 1TB+2TB WD Blue | Cooler Master N200 | ASUS GTX 960 Strix 2GB

User Info: OptimusRekt

OptimusRekt
2 months ago#27
I hope no completionists want to buy this game. The platinum for that game was in the 450-1,000 hour range.

I have it and I still fear of even putting the disc in my PS3...
"Too fast for freedom, sometimes it all falls down, these chains never leave me, I keep dragging them around..." - Delilah by Florence Welch

User Info: Hi C

Hi C
2 months ago#28
OptimusRekt posted...
I hope no completionists want to buy this game. The platinum for that game was in the 450-1,000 hour range.

Aren't most PS3 games like this?
I5-4590 | ASUS H97i-PLUS & VS239hp | 8GB Ballistix Sport | 1TB+2TB WD Blue | Cooler Master N200 | ASUS GTX 960 Strix 2GB

User Info: Master_Bass

Master_Bass
2 months ago#29
Dragon Nexus posted...
The biggest frustration with JRPGs though had to be Tales of Vesperia. MS paid for 360 exclusivity for that game and got it. then Namco took that money and added a ton more content, including two new characters, sside stories, bonus missions and even more *actual* plot stuff and made it PS3 Japan only. So lucky us, those who bought it on 360. We got to be early access supporters who weren't allowed the finish product!

That still annoys me to this day. I'd love to play through the game again and want to play the full version. It's not available in English, at least officially, though.
Many Bothans died to bring you this post.

User Info: enderall

enderall
2 months ago#30
Hi C posted...
OptimusRekt posted...

Aren't most PS3 games like this?

This game's Platinum is one of the toughest in the PS3 history. Quite the talk when it was released.
i3 6100, GIGABYTE Radeon Rx 480 8GB WINDFORCE, Corsair Vengeance 8 GB RAM Red LED, EVGA 600w White PSU, Toshiba 500 GB HD, Riotoro CR 480, GIGABYTE Intel H110
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Star Ocean The Last Hope Remastered coming to PC

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived