This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Star Ocean The Last Hope Remastered coming to PC

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Star Ocean The Last Hope Remastered coming to PC

User Info: -5xad0w-

-5xad0w-
2 months ago#41
I'd prefer the PSP remake of SO2.

For that matter, I'd really prefer the PSP remake of Tales of Eternia. I liked its take on action RPG combat better.

DXMG posted...
what the hell??

I absolutely love SO4, but as far as I can tell, me and like 4 other people in the wold like it.

?????? why pu this out on PC???

Low cost I'd wager. Purely didigtal distribution coupled with already existing assests.
"This is a cool way to die!" -Philip J. Fry
KCO222OB|1440 Watts|6 Slice|Timer|Crumb Tray|Is a Toaster Oven

User Info: Amakusa

Amakusa
2 months ago#42
Dragon Nexus posted...
CourtofOwls posted...
i liked it but that was compared to 3 being so terrible and such a disapointment after 2 was amazing

3 was only terrible really because of the plot twist.

That plot twist though...ugh. That transended the game and bled into every game that would go before and come after it, ruining the entire franchise.

Hence why it was the best one.
I will rule the world, and find that truly good cup of coffee.

User Info: DanPatrick

DanPatrick
2 months ago#43
PC continues to get the best games!

User Info: oblique365

oblique365
2 months ago#44
-5xad0w- posted...

For that matter, I'd really prefer the PSP remake of Tales of Eternia. I liked its take on action RPG combat better.

DXMG posted...
what the hell??

I absolutely love SO4, but as far as I can tell, me and like 4 other people in the wold like it.

Low cost I'd wager. Purely didigtal distribution coupled with already existing assests.

That would be totally pointless. You can already emulate near perfect on psp and there isnt much improvement you can make to the graphics of such old games.
i5 4590, Gigabyte B85M-DS3H-A mobo, 8gb ram, samsung 850 evo 250gb ssd, Wd blue 1tb Hdd, Evga 500w psu, Corsair carbide spec01 case, Msi gtx 1060 6gb

User Info: Dragon Nexus

Dragon Nexus
2 months ago#45
oblique365 posted...
That would be totally pointless. You can already emulate near perfect on psp and there isnt much improvement you can make to the graphics of such old games.

Yeah but Square doesn't get any money from that, you see.
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde

User Info: MaximumDonkey

MaximumDonkey
2 months ago#46
oblique365 posted...
-5xad0w- posted...

DXMG posted...
what the hell??

Some people might prefer owning the game on PC vs. stealing it.

Crazy, I know.
Half man, 100% Donkey.
Cleared of almost all state and federal charges!

User Info: Mr kitty

Mr kitty
2 months ago#47
Aww man... It's the PS3 port version... I just hope they don't screw up.

I did a through comparison of the early part of the game & know the subtle difference of the 2.

The PS3 version doesn't have self shadow during combat unlike the 360 version. Also the 360 version had more visual light effect on which I bet won't be featured on the PC version.

You can skip to 2:34 to see that effect.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxBSgOW6etw
https://www.youtube.com/user/MrDeapGamingMedia

User Info: poop_corn

poop_corn
2 months ago#48
Cool, I had a lot of fun with this game. Many of the chatacters were super annoying though
( ._.)

User Info: it_r_over9000

it_r_over9000
2 months ago#49
Why can't they just port the actual good games? I'd love the first 3 games on PC without emulation.
i7 4770k @ 4.5 | H115i | Maximus Hero VI | Asus Strix 1080 ti OC | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | XFX 850w Pro Black Full Modular | 850 EVO 1.5TB | Seagate 1TB HDD

User Info: untamed_squall

untamed_squall
2 months ago#50
I remember playing and enjoying this back when it first came out. However, that annoying little girl character, "Mkay". My God, I don't think I could do it again.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Star Ocean The Last Hope Remastered coming to PC

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived