This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Star Ocean The Last Hope Remastered coming to PC

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Star Ocean The Last Hope Remastered coming to PC

User Info: oblique365

oblique365
2 months ago#51
MaximumDonkey posted...
oblique365 posted...
-5xad0w- posted...
I'd prefer the PSP remake of SO2.

For that matter, I'd really prefer the PSP remake of Tales of Eternia. I liked its take on action RPG combat better.

DXMG posted...
what the hell??

I absolutely love SO4, but as far as I can tell, me and like 4 other people in the wold like it.

?????? why pu this out on PC???

Low cost I'd wager. Purely didigtal distribution coupled with already existing assests.

That would be totally pointless. You can already emulate near perfect on psp and there isnt much improvement you can make to the graphics of such old games.

Some people might prefer owning the game on PC vs. stealing it.

Crazy, I know.

Some people actually emulate the games they purchased legit rather than downloading them free, crazy i know. You can easily obtain copies cheap on ebay and amazon.
i5 4590, Gigabyte B85M-DS3H-A mobo, 8gb ram, samsung 850 evo 250gb ssd, Wd blue 1tb Hdd, Evga 500w psu, Corsair carbide spec01 case, Msi gtx 1060 6gb

oblique365
2 months ago#52
Mr kitty posted...
Aww man... It's the PS3 port version... I just hope they don't screw up.

I did a through comparison of the early part of the game & know the subtle difference of the 2.

The PS3 version doesn't have self shadow during combat unlike the 360 version. Also the 360 version had more visual light effect on which I bet won't be featured on the PC version.

You can skip to 2:34 to see that effect.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxBSgOW6etw

Yeah the 360 version also shows the bottom half of meracle off quite nicely, censored for ps3.
i5 4590, Gigabyte B85M-DS3H-A mobo, 8gb ram, samsung 850 evo 250gb ssd, Wd blue 1tb Hdd, Evga 500w psu, Corsair carbide spec01 case, Msi gtx 1060 6gb

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
2 months ago#53
Lookin forward to it
a quad core i7 was just a rebranded celeron -Pengu1n
Anything that has 3p fps or better is fine with me -mucloud

User Info: Pauken

Pauken
2 months ago#54
Call me when they port SO3. SO1 and 2 both commit the worst possible sin a JRPG with a real time battle system can commit, that being time stopped full screen spells, which ruined both games for me, while 4 and 5 are apparently train wrecks plot wise and voice acting wise. To my knowledge 3 has some issues and the most awkwardly added plot twist in the history of gaming, but AFAIK spells can actually be dodged in 3, and voice acting in that game's WAAAAAYYYY less annoying.

Sadly it's likely SO4 will be the testing ground for PC reception of the series, so SO1-3 will likely remain emulation-only.

User Info: gtomanga

gtomanga
2 months ago#55
Hi C posted...
EliteGuard99 posted...
ugh it's the s***ty 4th game.

Gross.

ah s***
it's SO4
this is the worst one

Someone hasn't played the 5th.

I did
didn't make it that far

the story & 3D movement animations in 5 was ultra wonky
and I couldn't keep up with what's going on

war bitween 3 random kingdoms? Sonic heros knockoffs? Dying father that seem to look super healthy? childHood loli friend that forces herself on you?

4 had the worst main character
he drags you on with his whining
and the last boss was also a whining b****
whining about life.....he pretty much whined himself to death
Ys,megaman,harvest moon,sly cooper,rune factory,shin megami tensei,growlanser,superman,bomberman,shump,sonic fan

User Info: DiviDude

DiviDude
2 months ago#56
Arguing about which Star Ocean game is the worst is like arguing about which fart is the stinkiest. I'd rather just forget having ever taken a whiff.

But whatever, the more games coming to PC the better.

oblique365
2 months ago#57
Pauken posted...
Call me when they port SO3. SO1 and 2 both commit the worst possible sin a JRPG with a real time battle system can commit, that being time stopped full screen spells, which ruined both games for me, while 4 and 5 are apparently train wrecks plot wise and voice acting wise. To my knowledge 3 has some issues and the most awkwardly added plot twist in the history of gaming, but AFAIK spells can actually be dodged in 3, and voice acting in that game's WAAAAAYYYY less annoying.

Sadly it's likely SO4 will be the testing ground for PC reception of the series, so SO1-3 will likely remain emulation-only.

You might not feel that way about the battle stop during spells if you were playing it when it came out.

User Info: Amakusa

Amakusa
2 months ago#58
oblique365 posted...
You might not feel that way about the battle stop during spells if you were playing it when it came out.

It was annoying when it first came out. These days it's intolerable.

It's not an accident that most SO2 players picked characters that weren't spell-heavy like Opera. I played a game maining Leon and casting Black Saber at everything was an exercise in patience... and Black Saber is just a simple Dark element shockwave-type spell.

Back then Mimic Knights of the Round, put down the controller and walk away for five minutes in Final Fantasy 7 was a funny joke, but just thinking about it is awful.
I will rule the world, and find that truly good cup of coffee.

oblique365
2 months ago#59
Can't say the same, I used Celine. I feel that it wasn't an issue when it came out, but maybe an annoyance now. I still happily replayed it. skipping the cave of trials this time around.

User Info: Dragon Nexus

Dragon Nexus
2 months ago#60
untamed_squall posted...
I remember playing and enjoying this back when it first came out. However, that annoying little girl character, "Mkay". My God, I don't think I could do it again.

You know, everyone rails on Limmle...I never hear anyone hate on Sarah.
I could tollerate Limmle just fine, but Sarah drove me insane to the point where I *never* had her on my team ever.
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Star Ocean The Last Hope Remastered coming to PC

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived