This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Computer keeps freezing

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Computer keeps freezing

User Info: dummy420

dummy420
2 months ago#1
So my computer keeps freezing for some f***ing reason. I am out of ideas as to how to fix it. What happens is I do the startup and when I open a program or two it freezes in a few seconds. The screen stays the same with no ability to move the mouse or go into the task manager. It's been happening for a few days.

I have ran 3 anti virus programs (avast, malwarebytes, and Microsoft Security essentials) all to find nothing.
I have reseated what seemed like a not fully connected power plug to my video card. After this it ran fast but the same thing happened.
I have done the built in ram check with it saying all ram is good.
It has restarted enough times windows has done a recovery but that didn't help.
I'm leaning toward a video driver issues because on the rare occasion it hangs and says video driver recovered. But I've updated my drivers and no luck.

Anyone have any ideas what this may be?
Trying is the first step towards failure, so just dont give it a shot and you cant dissapoint.

User Info: Zaltera

Zaltera
2 months ago#2
Does Event Viewer have anything interesting to say?
Why is it that he can hit a 3rd baseman on a frozen rope from 300 feet away, but he can't hit a 12 foot tall catcher from 60 feet 6 inches away?
-Awesomeo_4000

User Info: oblique365

oblique365
2 months ago#3
You could always test the integrated graphics by plugging hdmi or dvi into the motherboard, if you have integrated that is.
i5 4590, Gigabyte B85M-DS3H-A mobo, 8gb ram, samsung 850 evo 250gb ssd, Wd blue 1tb Hdd, Evga 500w psu, Corsair carbide spec01 case, Msi gtx 1060 6gb

User Info: dummy420

dummy420
2 months ago#4
Zaltera posted...
Does Event Viewer have anything interesting to say?

Haven't checked that. I downloaded who crashed and it said an unknown driver issue.oblique365 posted...
You could always test the integrated graphics by plugging hdmi or dvi into the motherboard, if you have integrated that is.

I'll see if I have that since I've never used it. Thanks
Trying is the first step towards failure, so just dont give it a shot and you cant dissapoint.

User Info: Dragon Nexus

Dragon Nexus
2 months ago#5
I had a problem very much like this. I'd get anything between 30 seconds and 6 hours use of my computer. Often it would freeze completely soon after logging in, but sometimes I could play for a long time and it would suddenly stop.

Turns out the RAM was bad. I used Windows 7's memory test program on boot up over the course of three nights. I'd run on one stick, check that continuously overnight and see if any errors showed up by morning. On the third stick I got just so many errors on it.

After two returns (the batch Corsair sent me to replace the faulty ones was also faulty) they tested fine and I've not had the problem since.
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Computer keeps freezing

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived