This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

With all the loot boxes and such going on, I think we're getting closer to being

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. With all the loot boxes and such going on, I think we're getting closer to being

User Info: LazyyAmerican

LazyyAmerican
2 months ago#11
Why does there need to be any changes? Games used to retail for $50 and be content complete...any chance we can go back to those days?
You've got ten minutes. There's policies even your section have to follow
I'll be sure to forward your message to the president.

User Info: sonicteam2k1

sonicteam2k1
2 months ago#12
LazyyAmerican posted...
Why does there need to be any changes? Games used to retail for $50 and be content complete...any chance we can go back to those days?

unless evs figure out how to make these same games for a cheaper price, no. The publishers spend so much money on these games, and they want a ROI so they force devs to put these loot box bulls*** in the games to recoup the cost. And some publishers just do it because of greed. they know they have a product that will sell but do it because they know they can get more.

so bottom line, devs need to find a way to make these games with a lower budget or it's going to continue.
See The Game Collection
http://people.ign.com/nights_team2k7/games

User Info: ClunkerSlim

ClunkerSlim
2 months ago#13
It would be funny as s*** if they released a Need For Speed game where you had to pull over and pay for gas.
https://twitter.com/ClunkerSlim

User Info: GeminiX7

GeminiX7
2 months ago#14
sonicteam2k1 posted...
LazyyAmerican posted...

unless evs figure out how to make these same games for a cheaper price, no. The publishers spend so much money on these games, and they want a ROI so they force devs to put these loot box bulls*** in the games to recoup the cost. And some publishers just do it because of greed. they know they have a product that will sell but do it because they know they can get more.

so bottom line, devs need to find a way to make these games with a lower budget or it's going to continue.

Thats the worst part of this scenario. There are legit reasons why the 60 dollar model for game sales is less feasible for "AAA" titles as each generation goes on and standards increase, but if there is ever a model that might make it more workable(DLC, cash shops, etc), there will always be s***bags to exploit it and try to shovel as much money into thier gullets as they can before consumers sour on the whole idea and the companies that actually need those strategies get screwed either way.
MSI Z97| Intel i5-4690 @ 3.5 Ghz | 8GB Cosair Vengence @ 1600 |Radeon R9 390 8GB
Who gave you permission to talk to me, mongrel?

User Info: enderall

enderall
2 months ago#15
Ultimate_Noob posted...
The context behind that was John Riccitiello speaking to stock-holders, presumably about how the balls would he justify not charging the safe, tried-and-true $60 upfront for a freemium Battlefield game.

To be honest, I can't blame him or anyone else at these dinosaur sized and age publishers. They're spending millions of dollars making these big budget, bleeding-edge graphics games and promoting them, but mobile games that probably took a couple college kids in a janitor closet to make a portable Skinner Box are almost meeting their profit margins. How could these CEO's not scratch their heads and wonder how they can recreate that at an AAA level? Astronomical successes dictate the tempo and direction of the gaming industry.

Whales supporting this stuff suck and need to get help.

All you said is true, problem is that a smartphone has a huge market. Even in a developed poor country everyone has a smartphone. Phones are a primary resource for people like water, food and electricity so chances making money with that platform is enormous. Casuls brought this to us.
i3 6100, GIGABYTE Radeon Rx 480 8GB WINDFORCE, Corsair Vengeance 8 GB RAM Red LED, EVGA 600w White PSU, Toshiba 500 GB HD, Riotoro CR 480, GIGABYTE Intel H110

User Info: Threnagyn

Threnagyn
2 months ago#16
Stop b****ing people. Please, stop b****ing. The fact that games have been $60 since 2015 (and $48 if you preorder on Amazon or BestBuy), which is nearly $80 in today's money, is pretty nice. On top of that, we have Steam and other ways of getting very many high quality games for cheap. I have more games in my PC and PS4 library right now than I'll probably ever get to. Mass Effect Andromeda was just made available for free on EA Origins.

Gaming keeps getting better and better regardless of what you complainers whine about. These last few years have been some of the best years in video gaming, period.

User Info: Orestes417

Orestes417
2 months ago#17
You're right. Stop b****ing and stop playing period. Don't pirate, don't wait till it's ten bucks on some grey market site. Stop consuming products you don't want.
When nothing remains everything becomes possible.

User Info: CourtofOwls

CourtofOwls
2 months ago#18
there was a game that charged for bullets already
[?]
"He must've been a very important chimp."

User Info: Heisenberg312

Heisenberg312
2 months ago#19
I bought Shadows of War and spent money on loot boxes, because I can do whatever the hell I want.
Now, say my name.

User Info: ArkonBlade

ArkonBlade
2 months ago#20
I've pretty much abandoned AAA games years ago.

Vast majority of games I play are Indies. So unless they get infected by this mess I'm safe from crap like this. EA, Ubisoft, Activision, Warner Bros, and the like can run them selves into the ground for all I care. wouldn't effect me at all.
YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/ArkonBlade/videos
PSN - ArkonBlade XBL - The Wolf Shadow STEAM - ArkonBlade
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. With all the loot boxes and such going on, I think we're getting closer to being

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived