This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

With all the loot boxes and such going on, I think we're getting closer to being

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. With all the loot boxes and such going on, I think we're getting closer to being

User Info: GeminiX7

GeminiX7
2 months ago#21
Threnagyn posted...
Stop b****ing people. Please, stop b****ing. The fact that games have been $60 since 2015 (and $48 if you preorder on Amazon or BestBuy), which is nearly $80 in today's money, is pretty nice. On top of that, we have Steam and other ways of getting very many high quality games for cheap. I have more games in my PC and PS4 library right now than I'll probably ever get to. Mass Effect Andromeda was just made available for free on EA Origins.

Gaming keeps getting better and better regardless of what you complainers whine about. These last few years have been some of the best years in video gaming, period.

I do actually agree with this as well, even if I still find issues with some practices. Gaming is the cheapest it's ever been, and the quality and quantity of gaming has only been going up.
MSI Z97| Intel i5-4690 @ 3.5 Ghz | 8GB Cosair Vengence @ 1600 |Radeon R9 390 8GB
Who gave you permission to talk to me, mongrel?

User Info: sonicteam2k1

sonicteam2k1
2 months ago#22
GeminiX7 posted...
Threnagyn posted...
Stop b****ing people. Please, stop b****ing. The fact that games have been $60 since 2015 (and $48 if you preorder on Amazon or BestBuy), which is nearly $80 in today's money, is pretty nice. On top of that, we have Steam and other ways of getting very many high quality games for cheap. I have more games in my PC and PS4 library right now than I'll probably ever get to. Mass Effect Andromeda was just made available for free on EA Origins.

Gaming keeps getting better and better regardless of what you complainers whine about. These last few years have been some of the best years in video gaming, period.

I do actually agree with this as well, even if I still find issues with some practices. Gaming is the cheapest it's ever been, and the quality and quantity of gaming has only been going up.

See The Game Collection
http://people.ign.com/nights_team2k7/games

User Info: GeminiX7

GeminiX7
2 months ago#23
sonicteam2k1 posted...
GeminiX7 posted...
Threnagyn posted...

It's my opinion, as someone whose been gaming since the end of the NES, beginning of the SNES era. My favorite games of all time tend to mostly be from the SNES-PS2 eras, but it'd be a lie/cherry-picking to act as if games in general have been better than the past. For every high end oldie title we remember fondly there was a dozen s*** tier titles. Practices may have gotten s***tier, but the games themselves haven't. Especially if you include the indie scene, as many of those games that get even remotely popular tend to be better than even some AAA games back during the "golden age".
MSI Z97| Intel i5-4690 @ 3.5 Ghz | 8GB Cosair Vengence @ 1600 |Radeon R9 390 8GB
Who gave you permission to talk to me, mongrel?

User Info: Dragon Nexus

Dragon Nexus
2 months ago#24
sonicteam2k1 posted...
charged for things like bullets

Already happened in World of Tanks.
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde

User Info: krazycharlie

krazycharlie
2 months ago#25
Heisenberg312 posted...
I bought Shadows of War and spent money on loot boxes, because I can do whatever the hell I want.

Thank you for your continued patronage and support of this horrible business practice. The time will come when you realize you're part of a huge problem affecting the videogaming community as a whole. Enjoy being nickeled and dimed to your heart's content.
"U mad bro?".

Dragon Nexus
2 months ago#26
krazycharlie posted...
Heisenberg312 posted...
I bought Shadows of War and spent money on loot boxes, because I can do whatever the hell I want.

Thank you for your continued patronage and support of this horrible business practice. The time will come when you realize you're part of a huge problem affecting the videogaming community as a whole. Enjoy being nickeled and dimed to your heart's content.

Basically this.
Not sure why anyone's proud to announce their willingness to go along with corporate BS.

User Info: BearShrooms

BearShrooms
2 months ago#27
Threnagyn posted...

You just told a bunch of people to stop b****ing because YOU like something. But, and I'm not sure how you don't quite get this, WE DON'T.

We don't want it in our games. We don't want to pay money to roll the dice to see if we got the stuff we should be getting with a complete game. We don't want games taken apart and sold to us as incomplete pieces. We don't want your stupid stores popping up with ads when we open up our games. We don't want immersion ruined by knowing that stupid rainbow hat your character is wearing came from a cash shop.

There are few turnoffs in games as egregious as how immersion breaking a cash shop is.

If gaming is such a "great value" then certainly they could raise the price to an "average value" and not have to nickle and dime for content. I'd happily pay 100+ for complete AAA games that are actually well made.

And, if it's so necessary, how was the Witcher 3 able to make so much money without needing to do this? Oh yeah..... make a good game and get sales on merit rather than scams.

User Info: sonicteam2k1

sonicteam2k1
2 months ago#28
all gamers now think about is how these loot boxes will affect their experience. It takes the focus away from the game now and turns all of the attention to the business of it. Eventually this stuff will reach critical mass
See The Game Collection
http://people.ign.com/nights_team2k7/games

User Info: Dawnshadow

Dawnshadow
2 months ago#29
LazyyAmerican posted...
Why does there need to be any changes? Games used to retail for $50 and be content complete...any chance we can go back to those days?

Only if we drop back down to the budgets games had in those days. Graphics are EXPENSIVE.

(This is why indie games are so far behind AAAs graphically, by the way.)
Floridians: call 800-955-5504 if you need to evacuate and can't for any reason!
Source: https://twitter.com/FLGovScott/status/905791249524903937

Dragon Nexus
2 months ago#30
Dawnshadow posted...
LazyyAmerican posted...
Why does there need to be any changes? Games used to retail for $50 and be content complete...any chance we can go back to those days?

Only if we drop back down to the budgets games had in those days. Graphics are EXPENSIVE.

(This is why indie games are so far behind AAAs graphically, by the way.)

And yet...Shadow of War has all that sponsorship going on. And DLC. And 3 different versions at launch. And a season pass. And microtransactions.

That suggests to me that if the product was that expensive it wasn't because of of how expensive they are but how mis-managed the project was.

Game prices are already creeping up, it's just being done in a more insideous way. $60 doesn't get you the full experience any more. You need to pay something close to $100 now to get everything.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. With all the loot boxes and such going on, I think we're getting closer to being

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived