This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

For a great, story heavy game, Witcher 3's ending was below average

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. For a great, story heavy game, Witcher 3's ending was below average

User Info: oblique365

oblique365
1 month ago#11
The whole game is below average. Only thing going for it is decent visuals.
i5 4590, Gigabyte B85M-DS3H-A mobo, 8gb ram, samsung 850 evo 250gb ssd, Wd blue 1tb Hdd, Evga 500w psu, Corsair carbide spec01 case, Msi gtx 1060 6gb

User Info: randomoaf

randomoaf
1 month ago#12
I've been saying this

User Info: khunki

khunki
1 month ago#13
CursedPanther posted...
Apart from the Baron section in Velen, the rest of the W3 main story is mediocre at best. It has nothing on the level of W2.

The side quests are very well done though.

W2 WAS very mature and well paced compared to W3 but that's because it was much shorter and the plot was very focused. W3 starts to drag around Novigrad and Skellige, but I guess it's really good if one thinks of it as a multi-part epic.
X

User Info: faizan_faizan

faizan_faizan
1 month ago#14
It's the most overrated game this decade. Not surprised to see CDPR fanboys damage controlling this.
Allergic to bull****.

User Info: randomoaf

randomoaf
1 month ago#15
khunki posted...
CursedPanther posted...
Apart from the Baron section in Velen, the rest of the W3 main story is mediocre at best. It has nothing on the level of W2.
The side quests are very well done though.

W2 WAS very mature and well paced compared to W3 but that's because it was much shorter and the plot was very focused. W3 starts to drag around Novigrad and Skellige, but I guess it's really good if one thinks of it as a multi-part epic.

I actually liked Skellige in it's part of the main storyline

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
1 month ago#16
The ending was fantastic, what you talking about TC?
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: Spinder1

Spinder1
1 month ago#17
Yes, the game doesn't end very well at all. The whole main story almost crashes and burns near the end with underwhelming twists, awkwardly shoehorned in and unfitting C&C, a major character assassination and a final battle that feels far less climactic and tense than the one you just came from. It's only saved by the fact that the characters are still very likeable and you feel for them. But even that can get messed up by CDPR's highly dubious design of how your choices affects the endings. I don't like it at all, and I feel for people who essentially got suckered into an unsatisfying ending through no real fault of their own. I got lucky that I didn't.

Fortunately, the DLCs' main stories stay more consistently strong throughout, especially Hearts of Stone. I have the impression that CDPR probably ran out of time to flesh out the main story last act more, just like they were apparently planning a whole Act 4 for Witcher 2 but had to cut that too. Real shame, even though these games are probably still the best RPG series of the generation and TW3 my favorite game of all time.
Let him be king over charred bones and cooked meat. Let him be the king of ashes

User Info: ablerider

ablerider
1 month ago#18
The still screens where disappointing but l actually liked mine, ended up living with Triss and Ciri, skellige had a great leader and maybe some kids got eaten by witches but that's better than having an ancient evil spirit running around as a horse.

User Info: Kinoringan

Kinoringan
1 month ago#19
Still better than having a red, green or blue ending.

User Info: GTL581

GTL581
1 month ago#20
faizan_faizan posted...
It's the most overrated game this decade.

If you really think that the witcher 3 is more overrated than both gta 4 and 5 then you must be daft
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. For a great, story heavy game, Witcher 3's ending was below average

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived