This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why is the PC version of BF1 so dead?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why is the PC version of BF1 so dead?

User Info: gibby_1982

gibby_1982
2 months ago#11
Short answer is because the game is s***. Better off grabbing Rainbow Six: Siege or PUBG. Both have had increases in player base over the past year. R6 goes on sale fairly often as well so it can be had for cheap. There is additional content, but everything other than a few specific cosmetic items can be purchased with in game currency.

Season pass just unlocks things quicker so isn't required at all. New operators can be unlocked from in game currency, usually within 1-2 weeks of regular play. All new maps are free for everyone. Don't have PUBG so I can't comment on that game. Just my 2¢ though.
"The first rule of Fight Club is: You do not talk about Fight Club."

User Info: johnny_pay

johnny_pay
2 months ago#12
its not dead, i never have a problem finding a full server for operations or conquest, certain modes might be dead but thats it.

User Info: MoodyHoe

MoodyHoe
2 months ago#13
ryouma17 posted...
hackers

Funny enough,I said the same thing here a month ago,to the vehement and zealous denial of some dudes on this board who insisted that their game has no hackers and instead to "git gud"

Like,really who the hell do they think they're kidding when you can so easily find a hack just by googling it.
'Anyone can speak Troll,' said Fred dismissively, 'all you have to do is point and grunt.'

User Info: Hexenherz

Hexenherz
2 months ago#14
1. I don't know about the popularity of TDM, but in reality, Operations and Conquest are still probably the most played game modes (TDM might be in third place).
2. Depending on your region, quickmatching will almost always populate you into a dead server for many game modes.
3. To get around that, just use the server browser. I also thought the other game modes were dead, but then I adjusted my filter to show servers up to 150 ping and in North America, South America and Europe. I ALWAYS find populated servers (some with queues) that are just at the 100 ping point in Europe. And that latency has never caused me any noticeable issues. I'm not a super badass Battlefield player but I find myself performing just as well as when I play on 20-30 ms US servers.

User Info: Orestes417

Orestes417
2 months ago#15
They extended a middle finger to the existing community and the existing community extended one right back.
When nothing remains everything becomes possible.

User Info: Raiden243

Raiden243
2 months ago#16
Well I don’t have BF1

I have bought PVZ2 and TFall 2 through Origin and both of them are dead for me.

Perhaps people aren’t fans of Origin?

User Info: TimePharaoh

TimePharaoh
2 months ago#17
Synbios459 posted...
Hmm...There are zero servers playing war pigeons, supply drop, frontlines and one populated server playing rush

Because nobody wants to play s***ty modes?
Wait, what? I heard about the Netflix thing but how does the music thing work? You get partial songs or what? - Fade2Scrub420

User Info: TimePharaoh

TimePharaoh
2 months ago#18
gibby_1982 posted...
Short answer is because the game is s***. Better off grabbing Rainbow Six: Siege or PUBG. Both have had increases in player base over the past year. R6 goes on sale fairly often as well so it can be had for cheap. There is additional content, but everything other than a few specific cosmetic items can be purchased with in game currency.

Season pass just unlocks things quicker so isn't required at all. New operators can be unlocked from in game currency, usually within 1-2 weeks of regular play. All new maps are free for everyone. Don't have PUBG so I can't comment on that game. Just my 2¢ though.

lulz
Wait, what? I heard about the Netflix thing but how does the music thing work? You get partial songs or what? - Fade2Scrub420

User Info: LaManoNeraII

LaManoNeraII
2 months ago#19
Because it's worse than BF4 in just about every way possible, just like Hardline was
http://i.imgur.com/WQJlV.png

User Info: 27_Sandman_40

27_Sandman_40
2 months ago#20
The game is very poorly optimized and I’m sure people are tired of the game crashing all the time.
yankees ws chizzamps
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why is the PC version of BF1 so dead?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived