This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Evil Within 2 seems really well optimized!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Evil Within 2 seems really well optimized!

User Info: Triple_Aitch

Triple_Aitch
2 months ago#1
Breath of fresh air after the first was kind of a mess to run.

I'm running it at 1080p, everything on ultra (motion blurr effects disabled, personal preference) and I haven't noticed a drop below 60 fps. Also for kicks I threw it to 1440p with the same settings and It's getting around 40 fps and at 4k it's about 20-25 (obviously not ideal but if I tweaked some settings I'm sure I could get it in the 30-40s).

For reference I'm running:

AMD 8350
8GB Ram
GTX 970

Obviously not the most up to date system, which should be a great sign for folks with newer hardware.
"It's going to be legend... Wait for It...

User Info: Unknown281

Unknown281
2 months ago#2
Glad to hear you're rocking it with 970 which is what I have, still haven't played the first one yet but thought about playing that this Halloween or Dead Space which I also haven't played yet, tough decision.

Triple_Aitch
2 months ago#3
I'd recommend the first one. It took me a a few years to finally get through it though, the first few hours are kind of whatever but once I finally decided to dive in I really enjoyed the experience. It plays a lot like RE4 (you can tell the game was used as a base, right down to the way enemies open doors) with a mix of the older Silent Hill titles thrown in.

Better than Dead Space IMO (granted I'm not huge on space settings though so take that for what its worth)

User Info: Pelaaja82

Pelaaja82
2 months ago#4
Steam forum is whining about the performance of the game, so it is really not that great optimized game at the moment as cpu and gpu usage needs more work, but it still runs much better than the first game did.
Pc: i7 6700k/980 ti/16gb ram and Ps4.

User Info: LazyyAmerican

LazyyAmerican
2 months ago#5
I get mid 40s on a 1080ti often....needs a few patches I'm gonna say unless my 4770 is a real bottleneck. Either way I find it pathetic especially when I'm only playing at 1080p.
You've got ten minutes. There's policies even your section have to follow
I'll be sure to forward your message to the president.

Triple_Aitch
2 months ago#6
I don't know how I lucked out. I may have spoke a little too soon though as I got more into the game where it opens up the frame rate took a hit, however setting things to high seemed to fix this

User Info: Pelaaja82

Pelaaja82
2 months ago#7
Triple_Aitch posted...
I don't know how I lucked out. I may have spoke a little too soon though as I got more into the game where it opens up the frame rate took a hit, however setting things to high seemed to fix this

Try setting the volumetric to medium and you can pretty much put everything else max or near it.
Pc: i7 6700k/980 ti/16gb ram and Ps4.

User Info: sylverlolol

sylverlolol
2 months ago#8
Pelaaja82 posted...
Triple_Aitch posted...

Try setting the volumetric to medium and you can pretty much put everything else max or near it.

Nice. I'll try this. I'm average 50+ at 1440p on my 1070 but I have most of the stuff cranked up too.

Unknown281 posted...
Glad to hear you're rocking it with 970 which is what I have, still haven't played the first one yet but thought about playing that this Halloween or Dead Space which I also haven't played yet, tough decision.

The first EW is good, to be sure, but it doesn't hold a candle to how good Dead Space is. Definitely play that if you have it.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

User Info: Terantatek

Terantatek
2 months ago#9
I'm installing atm. I'm pretty sure I won't have performance issues.. if I do I'll be disappointed.
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/WJMPZ8
i7 7700k @ 4.6ghz | Asus ROG Strix 1080TI OC | Ripjaws 16GB 3000mhz | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus Swift PG278QR

User Info: sylverlolol

sylverlolol
2 months ago#10
Terantatek posted...
I'm installing atm. I'm pretty sure I won't have performance issues.. if I do I'll be disappointed.

Depends on the resolution...I doubt you will at 1080p, but having a rig like that at 1080p is overkill. You'll probably see dips at 1440p or above. The game looks great so I'm not surprised it can be a fair bit demanding.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Evil Within 2 seems really well optimized!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived