This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does anyone make a USB switcher for sharing a keyboard between 6 or 8 devices?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Does anyone make a USB switcher for sharing a keyboard between 6 or 8 devices?

User Info: Viper187666

Viper187666
2 months ago#1
I would be really convenient if I could find a way to share the same keyboard between multiple game consoles and PCs without having to constantly move cables/wireless receivers.
Xbox One dis-Kinected 6/9/14. Let that be a lesson to people. Vote with your wallet.
http://viper.shadowflareindustries.com/images/myroom/xbox01092016.jpg

User Info: Renraku_San

Renraku_San
2 months ago#2
Nope. Such a device would be incredibly complex and extremely expensive. They simply don't exist.
I worship Jesus Christ and am 100% proud to be Christian!
I read the Bible every day, you should too!

User Info: andrewman2000

andrewman2000
2 months ago#3
They're called KVM switches, but they are a little expensive if you want more than 2 ports.
I'm always thinking one step ahead. I'm like a carpenter ... who makes stairs - Andy Bernard

User Info: Viper187666

Viper187666
2 months ago#4
andrewman2000 posted...
They're called KVM switches, but they are a little expensive if you want more than 2 ports.

KVM is archaic, and I don't need video. Just USB. The only 8 port ones I've seen were all f***ing VGA!
Xbox One dis-Kinected 6/9/14. Let that be a lesson to people. Vote with your wallet.
http://viper.shadowflareindustries.com/images/myroom/xbox01092016.jpg

User Info: HeliosMagi

HeliosMagi
2 months ago#5
There's Synergy, which let's you share Keyboard & Mouse with multiple PCs over the internet.
"I had a classmate who legitimately expected Mario 65 to come out."
"He ate glue."

User Info: Renraku_San

Renraku_San
2 months ago#6
Renraku_San posted...
Nope. Such a device would be incredibly complex and extremely expensive. They simply don't exist.

Like I f***ing said ^^^^^
I worship Jesus Christ and am 100% proud to be Christian!
I read the Bible every day, you should too!

User Info: mrtywer

mrtywer
2 months ago#7
HeliosMagi posted...
There's Synergy, which let's you share Keyboard & Mouse with multiple PCs over the internet.

This. It's a pretty cool system
4790k | Asus Maximus VII HERO | EVGA GTX1080 FTW | 32gb Corsair Vengeance RAM | Asus PB278Q | G502 | Kraken X61
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Does anyone make a USB switcher for sharing a keyboard between 6 or 8 devices?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived