This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Slow WiFi Speed

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Slow WiFi Speed

User Info: wuphilly

wuphilly
2 months ago#1
I have 25mb speed with Centurylink. I get my full amount when hard wired, but the Wi-Fi is a little under half, usually around 10mb. I know Wi-Fi is slower, but more than half? Could it be the router or is this normal?

User Info: gpo1zephyranthes

gpo1zephyranthes
2 months ago#2
Is it the same for multiple devices? A friend had this issue before, turns out that his laptop wifi receiver was the issue.

User Info: Renraku_San

Renraku_San
2 months ago#3
Wifi goes up to gig now, usually people have 300mbps wifi. Your wifi should be able to max out your internet easily.

So no, wifi is not "slower" per se.
I worship Jesus Christ and am 100% proud to be Christian!
I read the Bible every day, you should too!

User Info: zhenghan

zhenghan
2 months ago#4
my wifi is not any slower than ethernet
"dude i am like a 10 th grader,i am not smart i am not smart okay.i know basic english not level 100 english lol" -stephanielish

wuphilly
2 months ago#5
gpo1zephyranthes posted...
Is it the same for multiple devices? A friend had this issue before, turns out that his laptop wifi receiver was the issue.

It is the same on all devices.

Renraku_San posted...
Wifi goes up to gig now, usually people have 300mbps wifi. Your wifi should be able to max out your internet easily.

What could be the issue then?

User Info: Iceylemon

Iceylemon
2 months ago#6
Are you using a standalone router or are you using the modem/router combo that CenturyLink provided?

User Info: Renraku_San

Renraku_San
2 months ago#7
wuphilly posted...

Renraku_San posted...

Wifi signal issue. Try doing a speed test when you are right next to the wifi router.
I worship Jesus Christ and am 100% proud to be Christian!
I read the Bible every day, you should too!

wuphilly
2 months ago#8
Iceylemon posted...
Are you using a standalone router or are you using the modem/router combo that CenturyLink provided?

I'm using the combo they provided.
Renraku_San posted...
wuphilly posted...

Renraku_San posted...

Wifi signal issue. Try doing a speed test when you are right next to the wifi router.

I've done a test while right next to it, same results.

wuphilly
2 months ago#9
Bump

User Info: GTRagnarok

GTRagnarok
2 months ago#10
I'm guessing it's a crappy router they gave you. I have the Asus RT-AC68U that maxes out my 200Mb no problem.
I want to be the very best, like no one ever was.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Slow WiFi Speed

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived