This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Cuphead sells over 1 million copies, more sold on PC than Xbox One

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Cuphead sells over 1 million copies, more sold on PC than Xbox One

User Info: snkboi

snkboi
2 months ago#1
Owners: 576,233
http://steamspy.com/search.php?s=cuphead

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/cuphead-sells-over-1-million-copies-already-on-pc-/1100-6454062

Cuphead Sells Over 1 Million Copies Already On PC And Xbox One
Think of how many deaths those players have suffered.

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
2 months ago#2
i wonder if $20 million was a good return on investment for microsoft. 3+ years in development, that couldn't have been cheap. It'll probably earn another million in its lifetime but at a cheaper price, hope the devs made some good money for it.
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

snkboi
2 months ago#3
yohabroha posted...
i wonder if $20 million was a good return on investment for microsoft. 3+ years in development, that couldn't have been cheap. It'll probably earn another million in its lifetime but at a cheaper price, hope the devs made some good money for it.

the game is indie so it's not expensive as a triple a but ms did invest to keep the game exclusive on xbox for console so that money helped

User Info: Nixemo

Nixemo
2 months ago#4
"But piracy prevents game sales!"
Listen to post-punk.

yohabroha
2 months ago#5
snkboi posted...
yohabroha posted...

the game is indie so it's not expensive as a triple a but ms did invest to keep the game exclusive on xbox for console so that money helped

that's more what i meant, no idea what the exclusivity rights cost were. granted, they couldn't have been huge because it was essentially a no-name developer doing it. i bet the developers would rather have not accepted the exclusivity deal now.
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

snkboi
2 months ago#6
yohabroha posted...
snkboi posted...
yohabroha posted...

that's more what i meant, no idea what the exclusivity rights cost were. granted, they couldn't have been huge because it was essentially a no-name developer doing it. i bet the developers would rather have not accepted the exclusivity deal now.

if the game released on ps4 and switch the sales would have been over 2 million right now

User Info: wentzelot

wentzelot
2 months ago#7
good game - check
no denuvo or other bs attached - check
affordable price - check

game sells like hotcakes

devs take note. it's simple.

yohabroha
2 months ago#8
wentzelot posted...
good game - check
no dunovo or other bs attached - check
affordable price - check

game sells like hotcakes

devs take note. it's simple.

in cuphead's case, i'd argue the most important aspect for success was that it was a novel idea. didn't try to enter an oversaturated market and didn't feel gimmicky.

User Info: jimm120

jimm120
2 months ago#9
yohabroha posted...

The devs weren't spending millions per year.
Perhaps a one sided CTF in Overwatch? 1 team captures the "flag" X times. Then flip roles
5820k @3.3hgz // 16gb ddr4 3000 // Radeon 390x 8gb DEVIL

yohabroha
2 months ago#10
jimm120 posted...
yohabroha posted...

The devs weren't spending millions per year.

they weren't, nor did i imply they were. between exclusivity rights, Q&A, advertising, AND paying the developer's costs, games cost a good deal regardless of size. $20 million can go away fast.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Cuphead sells over 1 million copies, more sold on PC than Xbox One

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived