This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ign bought humble bundle

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Ign bought humble bundle

User Info: Jonbazookaboz

Jonbazookaboz
2 months ago#1
Dont really know if that’s a good or bad thing

What u think?
"If PAC-MAN had affected us kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music!"

User Info: Unknown281

Unknown281
2 months ago#2
Jonbazookaboz posted...
Dont really know if that’s a good or bad thing

What u think?

https://youtu.be/eOUOzL04Byg?t=3m40s

User Info: ablerider

ablerider
2 months ago#3
One does not simply post this without a link.

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
2 months ago#4
I don't think it will change much, they're kinda 2 separate concepts and IGN's business doesn't really conflict with what Humble is doing. As least not as much if, say, Valve bought Humble or something like that. If anything, we might see more console bundles. I don't know if it's well known but IGN frequently gives out games that would be in the $1 Humble tiers.

As long as we can still choose where our money goes, it'll be good.
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
1 month ago#5
yohabroha posted...
I don't think it will change much, they're kinda 2 separate concepts and IGN's business doesn't really conflict with what Humble is doing. As least not as much if, say, Valve bought Humble or something like that. If anything, we might see more console bundles. I don't know if it's well known but IGN frequently gives out games that would be in the $1 Humble tiers.

Probably be fine for the short term. Its during the long term things might become different.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
1 month ago#6
captsplatter_1 posted...
yohabroha posted...

Probably be fine for the short term. Its during the long term things might become different.

i still dont see how it would change. i guess more big name games might end up on them? i don't really know if IGN has that power.
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

User Info: Dragon Nexus

Dragon Nexus
1 month ago#7
My only concern...is that Humble's becomming a publisher.
So IGN, if they're worth a damn, should kinda stay away from covering Humble's published games in any way. I imagine they have people capable of talking about one of the games without any bias, but the perception will always be there. It'll hurt both companies in the end.

As weird as it is that IGN of all people got Humble, it had to happen eventually. Just be happy Fox no longer owns IGN.
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde

User Info: OptimusRekt

OptimusRekt
1 month ago#8
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/916373-pc/75875759

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbFZo5c7g6M

Sterling gave his comments about this. I must admit it's a weird deal, I don't personally see the benefit for either company unless there is money to be made. I mean, why sell it out and not just form a partnership with IGN? A partnership would produce the same results they are looking for but with less management overlooking them. It just seems suspicious to me.
"Too fast for freedom, sometimes it all falls down, these chains never leave me, I keep dragging them around..." - Delilah by Florence Welch

User Info: Dragon Nexus

Dragon Nexus
1 month ago#9
OptimusRekt posted...
I don't personally see the benefit for either company unless there is money to be made

Well as he points out, there comes a point in a small company's life where your scope exceeds what you can deliver. You're expanding faster than you can keep up with, so getting the help of a larger company to support you financially while you do the work makes sense.

Just puts us one step closer to that dystopian cyberpunk future Deus Ex warned us about.
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde

User Info: daemon_dan

daemon_dan
1 month ago#10
As long as IGN doesn't review the games Humble helps publish, I don't see an issue
"Don't you know our lives are on trial now? And if we lose, we're going straight to Hell! I could care less."
~DevilDriver: I Could Care Less
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Ign bought humble bundle

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived