This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ign bought humble bundle

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Ign bought humble bundle

User Info: Nazanir

Nazanir
2 months ago#11
daemon_dan posted...
As long as IGN doesn't review the games Humble helps publish, I don't see an issue

While I agree with that statement, IGN buying Humble Bundle already creates a HUGE conflict of interest.

IGN by nature is a review site, now they actually have a store. They will profit from giving good reviews to the products in that store, as that will lead to increased sales (which is a problem in and of itself, since people will question the authenticity of those reviews). At the same time, they can't give bad reviews, as that will lower sales and lead to unhappy shareholders.

There is no way that this won't have negative consequences in the foreseeable future.
XboX GT/Steam/Wii-U - Nazanir

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
2 months ago#12
They already have almost everyone questioning their reviews. Also there already is a conflict of interest with their IGN First deal. A company pays them to spotlight their game for an entire month. What’s the lowest review they’ve given to an IGN First game?
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

User Info: SinisterSlay

SinisterSlay
2 months ago#13
Yeah ign reviews are already fake. Maybe now indie games can benefit from fake reviews
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence

User Info: Ultimate_Noob

Ultimate_Noob
2 months ago#14
If IGN gives any s***s at all about whatever credibility they still have, they'll avoid reviewing games they also published. That's blatant bias and it would be pointed out by the entire games media, which is counter-intuitive to self-promoting their published games.
A pc's brain is the cpu, its heart is the motherboard, its stomach is the hard drive, and its anus is the user.

User Info: Dragon Nexus

Dragon Nexus
2 months ago#15
Nazanir posted...
While I agree with that statement, IGN buying Humble Bundle already creates a HUGE conflict of interest.

IGN by nature is a review site, now they actually have a store. They will profit from giving good reviews to the products in that store, as that will lead to increased sales (which is a problem in and of itself, since people will question the authenticity of those reviews). At the same time, they can't give bad reviews, as that will lower sales and lead to unhappy shareholders.

There is no way that this won't have negative consequences in the foreseeable future.

Literally no way?

Simple...don't review products you've helped fund. Problem solved.
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde

User Info: celebar

celebar
2 months ago#16
Nazanir posted...

Exactly this. Huge conflict of interest that further damages IGN's credibility.

High reviews for games they're trying to sell and also you can expect more 7.8 "too much water" reviews from them for console games because they have an interest in PC games selling better than console games.
thank you for reading my post
regards, celebar

User Info: -5xad0w-

-5xad0w-
2 months ago#17
What tier did they get?
"This is a cool way to die!" -Philip J. Fry
KCO222OB|1440 Watts|6 Slice|Timer|Crumb Tray|Is a Toaster Oven

User Info: OliviaTremor

OliviaTremor
2 months ago#18
@celebar
Notyou
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Ign bought humble bundle

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived