This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Where can I go to get good feedback/starter info on raspberry pi?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Where can I go to get good feedback/starter info on raspberry pi?

User Info: silvergokuZ

silvergokuZ
2 months ago#1
Wanting one for a travel device for streaming and a few games but don't want to go in the deep end.
The red car and the blue car had a race. Good old blue he took the milky way.

User Info: Dukaduka1k82

Dukaduka1k82
2 months ago#2
https://www.raspberrypi.org/
Top right of the site has a "hamburger" menu. Check out community and forums. Also youtube.
- Asus i7-3610QM @ 2.3Ghz, 16gig ram, Nvidia 660m 2Gb, 1Tb hdd @ 7200rpm
- A10-6700 @ 3.7Ghz, 16 gig ram, 4(3.5)Gb GTX 970, 240Gb Intel 530 ssd, and 750Gb hdd

User Info: PhilOnDez

PhilOnDez
2 months ago#3
By "a few games" do you mean emulation? Because it's an ARM based PC that won't run normal windows or even netflix without a lot of tinkering (enough tinkering that my eyes started to glaze over while skimming through it), and while youtube does work it's not a great experience unless you're willing to deal with low resolutions. It's just not really meant to do that, it's designed for young people who can't afford a computer of their own to begin tinkering with programming. The fact that it runs emulators really well is just a bonus.
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez

User Info: sonicteam2k1

sonicteam2k1
2 months ago#4
get yourself a good android tablet and has an mini HDMI out on it
See The Game Collection
http://people.ign.com/nights_team2k7/games

silvergokuZ
2 months ago#5
sonicteam2k1 posted...

I have a tab 3 but i hate tablets as I want a physical things to use like a usb controller, or a mini keyboard

Tablet has no usb ports.

User Info: EvilGiygas

EvilGiygas
2 months ago#6
silvergokuZ posted...
sonicteam2k1 posted...

I have a tab 3 but i hate tablets as I want a physical things to use like a usb controller, or a mini keyboard

Tablet has no usb ports.

Bluetooth
i7 7700K|EVGA GTX 1070 FTW Edition|Corsair Vengeance 16GB|960 EVO 1TB|850 EVO 1TB|840 EVO 500GB|EVGA G3 750w|NZXT H440|ASUS SWIFT PG278Q 27"

User Info: betatech

betatech
2 months ago#7
silvergokuZ posted...
sonicteam2k1 posted...

Tablet has no usb ports.

Cant you use a usb otg adapter?
Asus P8Z77-V Pro, Intel i7 3770K 3.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, GTX 1080ti, CM 690 II. Win 10/Win8.1 x64.

User Info: sonicteam2k1

sonicteam2k1
2 months ago#8
silvergokuZ posted...
sonicteam2k1 posted...

Tablet has no usb ports.

Bluetooth, and OTG cables are available. I have a SHIELD tablet and it does everything you want it to do.
See The Game Collection
http://people.ign.com/nights_team2k7/games

silvergokuZ
2 months ago#9
Yes I know bluetooth but I only like wired things unless its a remote control.

And I planned a external hard drive, wired controller and just a cheap bluetooth mini keyboard/touch pad

That and I take my laptop with me anyway the whole point was to have something I can just plug in instead of my laptop which is a gaming one and weights a lot, didn't want to sit in bed with laptop watching a film on tv with large cable, or if bored go on youtube (netflix was just a suggestion as I don't have a subcription, but in future may get a few streaming accounts so wanted the option)
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Where can I go to get good feedback/starter info on raspberry pi?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived