This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can those with gaming chairs recommend theirs?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Can those with gaming chairs recommend theirs?

User Info: Jonbazookaboz

Jonbazookaboz
2 months ago#11
I went for a gt omega. Couldnt recommend it highly enough. Went black leather style with red accents. Its ‘identical’ in quality and style to a similar brand but half the price. Literally
"If PAC-MAN had affected us kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music!"

User Info: Terantatek

Terantatek
2 months ago#12
Jonbazookaboz posted...
I went for a gt omega. Couldnt recommend it highly enough. Went black leather style with red accents. Its ‘identical’ in quality and style to a similar brand but half the price. Literally

How comfortable is it? Firm? Soft? Medium?
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/WJMPZ8
i7 7700k @ 4.6ghz | Asus ROG Strix 1080TI OC | Ripjaws 16GB 3000mhz | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus Swift PG278QR

User Info: Jonbazookaboz

Jonbazookaboz
2 months ago#13
Terantatek posted...
Jonbazookaboz posted...

How comfortable is it? Firm? Soft? Medium?

Its fairly firm id say. Bit like a good office chair. The lumber and neck support cushions are firm too. Its rock solid with no wobble and has tonnes of adjustables. I LOVE my chair

Also if you buy it directly from the company you can google for a free discount code. It took me about a minute to find one
"If PAC-MAN had affected us kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music!"

User Info: maybecalls

maybecalls
2 months ago#14
I just use a cheapo office chair

https://imgur.com/U4Mkhad

to which I've added a pillow, a square chair cushion on top of the pillow, and a wedge posture cushion on top of the square cushion. It's comfortable, and I don't get any lower back pain.

I have owned more expensive chairs in the past, but their cushions always go flat after a short time. I ended up taking the last such chair for a refund after about two months use.

User Info: Terantatek

Terantatek
2 months ago#15
@maybecalls

I need a high-back to help with my posture. :/
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/WJMPZ8
i7 7700k @ 4.6ghz | Asus ROG Strix 1080TI OC | Ripjaws 16GB 3000mhz | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus Swift PG278QR

User Info: ArkonBlade

ArkonBlade
2 months ago#16
SNES_64_DC_Xbox posted...
You don't want a...

G A M I N G

...chair.

You want a proper office chair. Something actually meant for prolonged periods of sitting.

I'd 100% agree with this. I have a gaming chair and the padding on it was trash. got uncomfortable after about a hour or two. I got a memory foam seat cushion for it which made it just fine now but I'm looking at Office chairs next time. I have one at work and its comfy as hell and its 5 years old and still feels great to sit in.
YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/ArkonBlade/videos
PSN - ArkonBlade XBL - The Wolf Shadow STEAM - ArkonBlade

User Info: _Marka_Ragnos_

_Marka_Ragnos_
2 months ago#17
ArkonBlade posted...
You don't want a...

G A M I N G

...chair.

You want a proper office chair. Something actually meant for prolonged periods of sitting.

I'd 100% agree with this. I have a gaming chair and the padding on it was trash. got uncomfortable after about a hour or two. I got a memory foam seat cushion for it which made it just fine now but I'm looking at Office chairs next time. I have one at work and its comfy as hell and its 5 years old and still feels great to sit in.

There are good and bad gaming chairs. Obviously if you go on Amazon, type in gaming chair, and buy one of the generic knock off brands you'll be disappointed.

Anything from DXRacer I've found to be very comfortable. Obviously a Herman Miller is better but they're $500+.
My system: http://m.imgur.com/a/la41r

User Info: Dragon Nexus

Dragon Nexus
2 months ago#18
VermilionX posted...
You don't want a...

G A M I N G

...chair.

those gaming chairs, at least the good ones

are pretty much office chairs with fancy color schemes

And a 50% price hike.
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde

User Info: _GRIM_FANDANGO_

_GRIM_FANDANGO_
2 months ago#19
I just have an ergonomic office chair. It is more expensive than a gaming chair, but at least I feel like the money is not wasted.
I5 3570 | GTX 970 | Samsung 840 EVO x 3 | Corsair RM750 | Asus Xonar DGX | Corsair 400c | AKG k550 | Realforce 87U | Logitech G Pro |
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Can those with gaming chairs recommend theirs?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived