This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So how paid off are the ESRB?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. So how paid off are the ESRB?

User Info: Hatsune_Miku

Hatsune_Miku
2 months ago#61
Lienhart posted...
@Hatsune_Miku

I want to know the % chance to receive all contents within a loot box. I want this % chance enforced by law with an extremely heavy fine that could bankrupt companies for f***ing around with this.

I am sure many others would be for this.

.... So you want to make it gambling, because that's what this would do. (essentially)
http://pcpartpicker.com/list/zRHKHN

User Info: su27Chaos

su27Chaos
2 months ago#62
blacknight06 posted...
It's not gambling. There's no fixed monetary value to what you can get out of these lootboxes.

allied commanders gamble on operation market garden to end the war before xmas.
I like my beer like I like my violence...
Domestic.

User Info: Vs1991

Vs1991
2 months ago#63
Dumbest thing ever to b**** about. What about those toy capsule coin machines with random toys in them. Same s*** but not digital.

User Info: su27Chaos

su27Chaos
2 months ago#64
Vs1991 posted...
Dumbest thing ever to b**** about. What about those toy capsule coin machines with random toys in them. Same s*** but not digital.

you just answer your own question
pretty much everything in life that requires risk. lol
I like my beer like I like my violence...
Domestic.

User Info: Lienhart

Lienhart
2 months ago#65
Hatsune_Miku posted...
Lienhart posted...
@Hatsune_Miku

I want to know the % chance to receive all contents within a loot box. I want this % chance enforced by law with an extremely heavy fine that could bankrupt companies for f***ing around with this.

.... So you want to make it gambling, because that's what this would do. (essentially)

Loot boxes already. Also, a s*** ton of mobile games do this as well. So...why are they not treated as such?

If anyone tries to tell me that paying money for a chance to get something is not gambling (not referring to the law definition), I'm putting them on ignore instantly.

User Info: d209999

d209999
2 months ago#66
Orestes417 posted...
d209999 posted...
Orestes417 posted...
Hope they're paying you well to defend them.

If that's the only comeback you have, that's unfortunate

You seriously think that the individual consumer not buying a product is in any way, shape or form a way to hold them accountable for any number of legal issues around these business practices. You're not worth a detailed rebuttal.

There is not a single legal issue around loot boxes. They are an unsavory business practice, but they are not gambling under any legal definition. And using personal attacks as a rebuttal just earned you the Trump Stamp of Approval. And thinking to promote change by ranting about "wrongs" on the internet earns you an #ImWithHer bumper sticker.

lol
"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month." - Theodore Roosevelt

User Info: Orestes417

Orestes417
2 months ago#67
Hatsune_Miku posted...
Lienhart posted...
@Hatsune_Miku

If publishing the stats that already exist in confidential form implies that it's gambling then guess what... it was gambling before you published the stats.
When nothing remains everything becomes possible.

User Info: d209999

d209999
2 months ago#68
yohabroha posted...
d209999 posted...
Orestes417 posted...
Hope they're paying you well to defend them.

If that's the only comeback you have, that's unfortunate

if you're actively waiting for comebacks, that likely means you're expecting to be refuted, which would indicate your stance isn't rock solid.

I was hoping for a discussion. But I was clearly incorrect to believe that it was possible.
"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month." - Theodore Roosevelt

User Info: Hatsune_Miku

Hatsune_Miku
2 months ago#69
Orestes417 posted...
If publishing the stats that already exist in confidential form implies that it's gambling then guess what... it was gambling before you published the stats.

You literally have no idea what gambling is. Do you know why on all lottery cards it tells you the odds of winning?
http://pcpartpicker.com/list/zRHKHN

User Info: Orestes417

Orestes417
2 months ago#70
Hatsune_Miku posted...
Orestes417 posted...

You literally have no idea what gambling is. Do you know why on all lottery tickets it tells you the odds of winning?

To prevent fraud among other things. Do you think the lotto tickets would be any less gambling if they didn't publish the statistical chances?
When nothing remains everything becomes possible.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. So how paid off are the ESRB?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived