This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So how paid off are the ESRB?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. So how paid off are the ESRB?

User Info: gwizzler

gwizzler
1 month ago#91
Orestes417 posted...
Doesn't really matter. But to give you an idea, before they changed to drop system to reduce duplicates though you were looking at a worst case of around a thousand crates, granted that was before several events too, to be reasonably guaranteed every drop in the game through either direct acquisition or buying with coins. You get three bonus crates per week for wins in arcade and one crate per level with each level taking about an hour. Lets say you play... call it two hours a night maybe more on weekends. So if the rough ballpark numbers in my head are right you're looking at around 600-700 hours if you take the bonus boxes back out if your luck is so-so. The number of hours required goes up the faster you try to farm of course.

It SHOULD be faster now with reduced dupes mind you.

This is 100% false. In theory, you could get four items worth 5 coins each in every box. That's 20k coins. 20k wouldn't have bought you everything at launch, let alone after all the events they've done (new event skins are 3k coins alone). I've opened up at least 800 boxes. Still don't have all the items for a single character. The lowest amount of items I need to unlock everything for one character is 12.
"If the animals can find the strength, why can't we?" - Casey Foster

User Info: Orestes417

Orestes417
1 month ago#92
gwizzler posted...
Orestes417 posted...
Doesn't really matter. But to give you an idea, before they changed to drop system to reduce duplicates though you were looking at a worst case of around a thousand crates, granted that was before several events too, to be reasonably guaranteed every drop in the game through either direct acquisition or buying with coins. You get three bonus crates per week for wins in arcade and one crate per level with each level taking about an hour. Lets say you play... call it two hours a night maybe more on weekends. So if the rough ballpark numbers in my head are right you're looking at around 600-700 hours if you take the bonus boxes back out if your luck is so-so. The number of hours required goes up the faster you try to farm of course.

It SHOULD be faster now with reduced dupes mind you.

This is 100% false. In theory, you could get four items worth 5 coins each in every box. That's 20k coins. 20k wouldn't have bought you everything at launch, let alone after all the events they've done (new event skins are 3k coins alone). I've opened up at least 800 boxes. Still don't have all the items for a single character. The lowest amount of items I need to unlock everything for one character is 12.

You either have godawful luck or you're confused about the actual number you've opened. Many people did the math on the drop rates at launch using thousands of boxes as a sample size. The probabilities are even easier to calculate now that blizz has published hard numbers.
When nothing remains everything becomes possible.

gwizzler
1 month ago#93
Orestes417 posted...
You either have godawful luck or you're confused about the actual number you've opened. Many people did the math on the drop rates at launch using thousands of boxes as a sample size. The probabilities are even easier to calculate now that blizz has published hard numbers.

I know roughly how many I've opened, and it's around 800 (+ or - 25). It doesn't matter what the probabilities are, because a probability isn't a guarantee. You are guaranteed 20c worth of items per box, nothing more. You can't say, "you'll definitely get x item" when all there's only a chance to get it from one of the boxes.

User Info: Orestes417

Orestes417
1 month ago#94
You're never going to get 4 grey items in a box. Ever. It's not one of the possibilities. You will ALWAYS have at least one blue or better item. around every 5.5 boxes will have a purple and around every 13.5 will have an orange. The system stacks the deck in favor of not getting dupes until you run out of unduped items in a given rarity tier. That's ALL official Blizzard statements.

And yes, for a set value of boxes you WILL get every item in the game even if you have the worst luck humanly possible.
When nothing remains everything becomes possible.

User Info: jakisthe

jakisthe
1 month ago#95
I too think Kinder Eggs should be regulated like gambling.
-Why is there yogurt in this cap?!
-It used to be milk, but, well, time makes fools of us all. (cookie for reference)::160 cookies given thus far::

User Info: pothocket

pothocket
1 month ago#96
I never understood the appeal of kinder eggs. What is it, a hollow egg with a very thin chocolate shell? Who cares?
http://www.koalastothemax.com/?aHR0cDovL2kuaW1ndXIuY29tL3pnMGpYWDcuanBn

gwizzler
1 month ago#97
Orestes417 posted...
You're never going to get 4 grey items in a box. Ever. It's not one of the possibilities. You will ALWAYS have at least one blue or better item. around every 5.5 boxes will have a purple and around every 13.5 will have an orange. The system stacks the deck in favor of not getting dupes until you run out of unduped items in a given rarity tier. That's ALL official Blizzard statements.

And yes, for a set value of boxes you WILL get every item in the game even if you have the worst luck humanly possible.

I get 3 whites and a blue or 2 whites and 2 blues constantly. IDK if I've ever gotten 4 whites, but I'll definitely be looking out now that it's allegedly statistically impossible. The system gives out new items to a point. For example, the Sporty Tracer skin is something I've wanted to get since launch. I always pass over it to get the event skins or something, though. When the update dropped to reduce dupe rates, I got all new items for the first 15-20 boxes. Then the dupes started again. Eventually, it got back to the old days of getting 4 dupes in a box. There's only so many epic items in the game. By your logic, I should've gotten that Tracer skin by now. But then brain cells start firing and you realize what I said in my previous post; a probability isn't a guarantee.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. So how paid off are the ESRB?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived