This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Help with HDD

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Help with HDD

User Info: MetaXGross

MetaXGross
2 months ago#1
I refuse to believe it's faulty. I think I may have finally figured out maybe why there's an issue with it. It worked perfectly, we set it as my backup drive(B:) and I started installing some programs to it, like AVG. And then I thought 'wth, AVG isn't that big, i'll just put it on my SSD'

Well, I remember trying to uninstall AVG being a pain.

Fast forward to now, I've un-installed AVG from my SSD, using Avast now. Mind you, my HDD isn't being used. Windows isn't picking it up, having it plugged in despite my SSD being the boot drive makes my boot up EXTREAMLY slow, I can't edit msconfig starup items, I can't use disk manager/device manager, it just doesn't work.

However, with it unplugged, I have none of the said issues above.

So I'm looking at my msconifg one day without the HDD plugged in, and I seen this.

https://imgur.com/a/jChh2

So despite uninstalling AVG, my HDD not working, AND the B: drive doesn't even exist anymore, AVG still shows up there, under the B: drive I originally installed it on when it use to work. I'm thinking maybe this is the issue?

The only thing I can think to do is fresh start my SDD to maybe delete that B: drive avg thing? I have no clue how any other ways I could go about doing that.
Not changing until the Lions win the Superbowl. 7-17-07

User Info: MetaXGross

MetaXGross
2 months ago#2
Bump.

Going to fresh install soon, just would like some better educated opinions on it, or am I just wasting my time.
Not changing until the Lions win the Superbowl. 7-17-07
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Help with HDD

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived