This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do pirates act lole denuvo is the reasom they pirate

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why do pirates act lole denuvo is the reasom they pirate

User Info: DiviDude

DiviDude
1 month ago#11
mariopaper posted...
They want an excuse to pirate, makes them feel less like a s*** head. This doesn't apply for everyone but it definitely applies to some of them.

Yup. It's a post-hoc rationalization. They would have decided to pirate one way or the other, but they recognize that it's a s***ty thing to do so they'll come up with whatever reasons they can do convince them that they're not actually doing something s***ty. Today's flavor of the week rationalization is Denuvo. Often it's "well they're not losing sales because I wouldn't have bought it anyway." Often it takes the form of "They're an evil corporation so I don't want them to have my money."

Every once in a blue moon you'll have someone who's honest enough with themselves to just say, "Because I'm selfish." But that's pretty rare.

User Info: sonicteam2k1

sonicteam2k1
1 month ago#12
you ever think they do it just because they can?
See The Game Collection
http://people.ign.com/nights_team2k7/games

User Info: MUD VIPER

MUD VIPER
1 month ago#13
Why do pirates act lole denuvo is the reasom they pirate

Why do people make threads worrying about what others do? Same reason cheerleaders are gonna cheer... just cause.
Console bug testing has been outsourced to gamers now. For $60 you too can become a game tester.

User Info: DaedalusEx

DaedalusEx
1 month ago#14
Triple_Aitch posted...
If they have the hardware that can properly run the modern games they are usually pirating than it's clear they spent some money somewhere.

This is faulty logic. A PC is not an ongoing expense; it's a one time purchase that could've been made months or years ago when their financial situation was different.

User Info: Digital Storm

Digital Storm
1 month ago#15
Piracy is a lot like cannibalism. You don't usually set out to eat someone... it just kind of happens.
Ooo eee, oo ah ah, ting tang, walla walla bing bang.

User Info: Triple_Aitch

Triple_Aitch
1 month ago#16
DaedalusEx posted...
Triple_Aitch posted...
If they have the hardware that can properly run the modern games they are usually pirating than it's clear they spent some money somewhere.

This is faulty logic. A PC is not an ongoing expense; it's a one time purchase that could've been made months or years ago when their financial situation was different.

Be that as it may there are still a plethora of other completely legal ways to get games for next to nothing, or in many cases, nothing.

The overall point I was making is that there is no logic to pirating. It's just theft. If people want to do that, like I said, they can do what they will. But applying any sort of justice or logic to it is ridiculous.

"This game has anti-piracy software, therefore I'm entitled to pirate it." ...What in the holy ****?!
"It's going to be legend... Wait for It...

User Info: NeoSioType

NeoSioType
1 month ago#17
People with different interests exist and they have different motives?

User Info: Dyshonest

Dyshonest
1 month ago#18
Triple_Aitch posted...
DaedalusEx posted...
Triple_Aitch posted...

Be that as it may there are still a plethora of other completely legal ways to get games for next to nothing, or in many cases, nothing.

The overall point I was making is that there is no logic to pirating. It's just theft. If people want to do that, like I said, they can do what they will. But applying any sort of justice or logic to it is ridiculous.

"This game has anti-piracy software, therefore I'm entitled to pirate it." ...What in the holy ****?!
Instead of acting like your namesake, you might want to reword that to:

"This game has an intrusive spyware that only harms or has the potential to harm a legitimate customer while pirates don't have to put up with it at all, therefore I'm entitled to pirate it."

It's not good logic. Piracy still isn't right. But punishing the consumer, who gave you money is straight-up stupid.

Your anti-piracy sucks if it has any potential to bog down performance (Denuvo often does) and it double-sucks if it's not even a hindrance to pirates because they can play without it.

User Info: Pengu1n

Pengu1n
1 month ago#19
The denuvo thing is irrelevant.

Pirates don't care who they steal from. Big dev, small dev, indie dev, DRM/no DRM they don't care so long as they are getting the game for free. They steal everything from AAA titles to 59c itunes apps even games collections where the proceeds would go to charity.

So long as they don't have to pay for anything they don't care who gets hurt in the process. Using denuvo is just another lame excuse they use like how the can't afford to pay for it or how they are sticking it to the man by pirating the game.

User Info: Dyshonest

Dyshonest
1 month ago#20
Pengu1n posted...
The denuvo thing is irrelevant.

Pirates don't care who they steal from. Big dev, small dev, indie dev, DRM/no DRM they don't care so long as they are getting the game for free. They steal everything from AAA titles to 59c itunes apps even games collections where the proceeds would go to charity.

So long as they don't have to pay for anything they don't care who gets hurt in the process. Using denuvo is just another lame excuse they use like how the can't afford to pay for it or how they are sticking it to the man by pirating the game.
It's not theft, though. Nothing is being removed from its location and placed into another.

It's copying. Nothing is actually lost.

If someone pirates your game you didn't lose a sale, that person was never going to buy it in the first place or they would have done so.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why do pirates act lole denuvo is the reasom they pirate

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived