This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do pirates act lole denuvo is the reasom they pirate

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why do pirates act lole denuvo is the reasom they pirate

User Info: randomoaf

randomoaf
2 months ago#101
Pengu1n posted...
Again who is to say that the person who pirated game x won't go off and pirate the other games in the series or pirate games like it.

You're right but whose to say that they won't buy the next game in the series. Whose to say they won't buy another game that's like it? You don't know that. You cannot say without a shadow of a doubt that they won't. Anything can happen. It is the nature of the universe. Not everyone is the same. Nothing stays the same.

And who is to say they won't get the cracked copy and share it with their friends who in turn share it with their friends and so on and so on

That's more unlikely because they have to convert it to physical. Making 30-60GB physical and then transporting it physically is not a likely possibility. Could it happen? Sure. It'll happen somewhere. But it's a low possibility and not at all widespread.

Because it costs money to license denuvo some devs can afford it and some can't and some devs use other forms of DRM and some use denuvo. The whole point in it is to stave off piracy for just enough time so see some sales

Nope. You can see some, what you call poor, indie devs who should never have locked their game, lock their game behind Denuvo. For example The Witness and Rime. No Man's Sky, which did not release with Denuvo sold more (way more) on launch than both those games.

That's what people don't understand. They think pirates are people who can't afford the latest games or need to 'trial' the game before buying when it's the complete opposite the pirate the game with zero intention of buying the game ever.

That's not what I meant with that comment. I mean that they don't use Denuvo to lock games because of starving developers or because of sales reasons.

User Info: Heisenberg312

Heisenberg312
2 months ago#102
Hello reader!
If you just read all these posts you might be thinking that pirates are some of the dumbest people ever to own a pc.
And you would be right, they are dumb as hell.
But, oh! Look how they dance!
Look how they gracefully ignore common sense.
Look how they majestically swirl by accountability.
They swish past reason and spin around logic with their own sense of nonsense.
It's like a ballerina dancing a midsummer's night dream.
Now mention denuvo, they hurl their butt to the ground and cry.
Now, say my name.

User Info: randomoaf

randomoaf
2 months ago#103
At no point is it okay to talk s*** to people & call them names, no matter what reason. Debate whatever you want but by name calling and trash talking people, it only shows who the real bad guy is.

Let's go back to my example. You can be a legitimate purchaser of games but you buy into exploitative practices. You can be a pirate but buy more or enable more games to be bought. Which one is better?

User Info: Heisenberg312

Heisenberg312
2 months ago#104
randomoaf posted...

You can be a legitimate purchaser of games but you buy into exploitative practices. You can be a pirate but buy more or enable more games to be bought. Which one is better?

:/
Dude, the mental gymnastics you do to justify piracy is nothing short of amazing.
Now, say my name.

User Info: DiviDude

DiviDude
2 months ago#105
Heisenberg312 posted...
If you just read all these posts you might be thinking that pirates are some of the dumbest people ever to own a pc.

They would have done a better job defending piracy had they said nothing at all.

User Info: Bleu_Skie

Bleu_Skie
2 months ago#106
Heisenberg312 posted...
Hello reader!
And you would be right, they are dumb as hell.
But, oh! Look how they dance!
Look how they gracefully ignore common sense.
Look how they majestically swirl by accountability.
They swish past reason and spin around logic with their own sense of nonsense.
It's like a ballerina dancing a midsummer's night dream.
Now mention denuvo, they hurl their butt to the ground and cry.

All I see from your posts is the kind of gamer that uses personal beliefs and opinions as hard facts. The largest logical gymnastics were made by you.

Still waiting for those examples btw.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/BleuSkie
It's important to know what the rules are first, so that, when you decide to break them, you can better judge the effect.

User Info: DaedalusEx

DaedalusEx
2 months ago#107
Given that the video game industry continues to grow and thrive despite piracy's prevalence, and that no one can point to any conclusive evidence that piracy is harmful, it would appear that the moral panic is still unjustified.

Better luck next topic.

User Info: Klic42

Klic42
2 months ago#108
I used to make mixed tapes as a kid by recording songs when they came in the radio.

User Info: Pengu1n

Pengu1n
2 months ago#109
Nope. You can see some, what you call poor, indie devs who should never have locked their game, lock their game behind Denuvo. For example The Witness and Rime. No Man's Sky, which did not release with Denuvo sold more (way more) on launch than both those games.

With the witness the developer originally had no plans on even releasing the game and much like the developers original game braid there was no huge publisher backing it so the funds used to make the witness came from funds from selling copies of braid so obviously they incorporated denuvo as any losses due to piracy would directly affect them and not a big name publisher same goes for rime. It too had no support from a big name publisher either so again losses due to piracy would affect them not the publishers.

No mans sky on the other had had financial backing from SCE. So that's the difference Rime and The Witness were developed by indie devs and published by them as well. NMS was financially backed by Sony and with the witness the funds used to develop it were used from sales of copies of braid.

User Info: BearShrooms

BearShrooms
2 months ago#110
EVERY SINGLE TIME.

I called it out pages ago and it's still happening. Anti-piracy people get the arguments they don't want to hear and just ignore them.

"every pirate is just stealing". Literally untrue and unproveable. Some of them, sure.

"Of course they wouldn't buy it if they can get it for free". YOU can literally get it for free, any time, through the same methods, but you aren't. Yet you aren't some mythical white knight champion that's better than everyone else in the world.

"They might just give the ripped copy to their friends". Like you might just share your steam library with friends? How much sense would it make if I went around stating that "everyone who buys a game from steam is sharing it with their friends and is much worse than piracy"? That's exactly how baseless and stupid the anti-piracy arguments on here have been.

The path of options after "downloads game" does not only lead to "keeps free game", it could also lead to "buys game". How could you be so ignorant that you can't see this or so angry and biased that you can't admit it?

I personally know pirates that use piracy as a demo medium and have bought more games because they've been able to demo a game and make sure it's not the over-hyped ripoff that 80% of gaming has been lately, they then delete and never finish the games they don't buy. Literally no sales lost and actually MORE PROFITS GAINED. I know these people. This isn't something you can argue and your entire argumentative premise goes out the window.

But youll ignore this, you'll completely ignore this argument so you can barf out your company apologist rhetoric rather than holding them accountable for wasting development money on denuvo and making exuses for a poor product. Which brings me to my next point.

Since it's been largely proven that piracy doesn't hurt sales, why do you care? This gets pointed out and asked every time one of these piracy topics gets brought up and it gets ignored every time. Why do you care? They aren't losing money, in fact PIRACY HAS BEEN PROVEN TO HELP SALES, so why do you care?

Are you a denuvo dev? Do YOU SECRETLY WANT THESE GAMES TO FAIL? Since the game company isn't being hurt, why do you care?

TLDR: You're just going to ignore this too.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why do pirates act lole denuvo is the reasom they pirate

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived