This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do pirates act lole denuvo is the reasom they pirate

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why do pirates act lole denuvo is the reasom they pirate

User Info: Heisenberg312

Heisenberg312
1 month ago#151
Let's just say it.
Pirates are slimy.
They are also unemployed bums who chose not to understand anything about business in any capacity.
Thus are also incredibly stupid.
Even children know the concept of exchanging goods for money.
I remember reading that even monkeys understand the concept of money.
They exchange tokens for grapes.
Even will wait for a deal of two grapes for a token instead of getting one grape right away.
So, pirates are even an embarassment to the human race.
Quit embarrassing yourselves, pirates. You making us all look bad.
Now, say my name.
The cranky hermit 1 month ago#152
BearShrooms posted...

Actually "wasn't going to buy it anyway" doesn't hurt the devs.

It hurts the devs if they're lying or otherwise incorrect, and there is no way they can ever prove they aren't.

It's on you to prove them the liars as you are the one of accusing them of lying. Thats how arguments work.

No, that's not how arguments work. You're claiming that they don't hurt anyone, I'm only claiming that you can't be certain of that. Therefore *you* must prove they are telling the truth, because you have the falsifiable claim.

By your logic, if Honest John says snake oil cures cancer, you have to believe him unless you can prove he is lying. This is bad logic.
http://thecrankyhermit.shoutwiki.com
Year-by-year analysis of the finest gaming has to offer, and (eventually) more!

User Info: GTL581

GTL581
1 month ago#153
i'm done. you're a lunatic who likes to spin other people's words to fit your own view. your only defense is of those who pirate games to "demo" them, and you like to make blanket statements as if they're the only type of people who pirate games. and let's not forget your implication that my entire argument is that "it's slimy to demo a game via piracy." that is part of my argument, yes, but there's a lot more you've decided to neglect.

you are dense. either that, or incredibly naive. if a dev doesn't provide a demo, then they do expect you to buy the game before trying it. because video games aren't something that we need to survive, there is nothing wrong with this, and thus you can't say that it's right to go against their wishes and cheat the system, again (and let me reiterate here, because apparently you missed this in my last post) regardless of either good or bad ramifications. you're cheating the system to access something that they've released to public in exchange for monetary return.

i'm not getting further into the law thing. you claimed that it's "fictional," and only after i went to the full extreme with that sentiment you decide to rein it in? so much for moralities being "not real," clearly you draw a line somewhere. bravo.

Heisenberg312
1 month ago#154
Video games do nothing except waste time.
Sure, they are fun, adveture filled realms that have all kinds of neat stuff in them. But, at the end of the day, they just waste your precious time on thisbplanet. Nothing more. Nothing less.
If you choose to use the key to unlock the magic of video games, you have to pay the price of admission as stated by the creator of such realms.
You choose not to.
By doing this, you can not or will you ever be considered a hero in this world. You forgo your right to be a victim. You are the villain here. And you will be treated as such.
Now, say my name.

User Info: Bleu_Skie

Bleu_Skie
1 month ago#155
Which is worse?

1. Pirating a game you'd never buy
2. Always buying used physical games. No exceptions

To a dev/pub, they are pretty much the same thing.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/BleuSkie
It's important to know what the rules are first, so that, when you decide to break them, you can better judge the effect.

User Info: zelos71

zelos71
1 month ago#156
Heisenberg312 posted...
Let's just say it.
Pirates are slimy.
They are also unemployed bums who chose not to understand anything about business in any capacity.
Thus are also incredibly stupid.
Even children know the concept of exchanging goods for money.
I remember reading that even monkeys understand the concept of money.
They exchange tokens for grapes.
Even will wait for a deal of two grapes for a token instead of getting one grape right away.
So, pirates are even an embarassment to the human race.
Quit embarrassing yourselves, pirates. You making us all look bad.

This has nothing to do with 'not understanding the concept of buying things'. It's the sole fact that it's easy, free and the chance to get caught is nearly non-existent that people choose to pirate games.

I can guarantee you that people would steal IRL all the time if the chance to get caught was as low as with pirating games. And even if you get caught the punishment is not that high, so why should any pirate even care?

User Info: phantasy

phantasy
1 month ago#157
Bleu_Skie posted...
Which is worse?

For a used game to exist someone would have to paid for it new. When someone brought it new, devs already got their share. They can't just double dip on the same item.
[This message was FORCEFULLY deleted by a moderator or administrator]

Heisenberg312
1 month ago#158
Many pirates on here are arguing that the concept of buying video games is wrong and that they should be free.
That's why I said that pirates don't understand the basic fundamentals of buisness or how even money works.
Now, say my name.

User Info: SgtInfinity

SgtInfinity
1 month ago#159
I pirate games because:

1 - its easy AF.
2 - Idc about giving money to developers.
3 - I don't want to drop money on games unless I reallyyyy want it.
4 - Nothing will stop me.

call me a loser all you want, words mean nothing to me.

User Info: Pengu1n

Pengu1n
1 month ago#160
Bleu_Skie posted...
Which is worse?

Pirating a game you would never buy is a stupid excuse. If you had no desire to play the game then why pirate it? Simple you wanted the game, had the money to buy it and had the opportunity to buy it but didn't want to or felt like it was your god given right to pirate it.

As for buying used, yes the developers don't see money from the sale of used games but when people buy used games the stores can use that money to buy in more stock of new games.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why do pirates act lole denuvo is the reasom they pirate

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived