This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do pirates act lole denuvo is the reasom they pirate

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why do pirates act lole denuvo is the reasom they pirate

User Info: Kano92

Kano92
1 month ago#21
TC does have a point but also people are cheap poor and they just know they can get away with it.
PC-WiiU-PS4

User Info: DaedalusEx

DaedalusEx
1 month ago#22
Triple_Aitch posted...
The overall point I was making is that there is no logic to pirating.

Of course there's logic to it. What you mean to say is that you don't accept that logic as justification for the behavior. That's fine. But that's just, like, your opinion, man.

User Info: Kokuei05

Kokuei05
1 month ago#23
When it's so easy to steal, you will steal. That's why office theft is so predominant.

I can tell you for a fact that my last job where I did level 1 tech support, random stuff would go missing. There's no reason why they would go missing but it still does. There is no reason why a VGA to Mini Display would suddenly disappear with no trace. There's no reason why iPad chargers and lightning cables would suddenly be on short supply compared to how many iPad's are on stock. There's no reason why there are more laptops than there are chargers.

Piracy is in fact so easy, it's not even funny. Even without a VPN, unless the ISP you're with is a snake and don't care about the consumers privacy; the ISP isn't going to reveal your personal information. The copyright trolls will continue to send emails related to your IP and your ISP is required by law to forward them. Unless they are pursued by a court of law do they release your personal details in relation to an IP address. No copyright troll will spend the money to get your information and unless you're a dumbass and email them an apology or contact them in any way would they find out you pirated that movie or game.
i7-6700K | Team Vulcan 16GB 3000Mhz | MSI z170a SLI PLUS | EVGA 650W G2 | Zotac 8GB GTX 1080 Mini | EA232WMI
e7470 | i5-6300U | 8GB DDR4 || Surface Pro 2 i5.

User Info: Ultimate_Noob

Ultimate_Noob
1 month ago#24
I guess the rare fringe case of justified piracy is if you bought a DRM game but get the cracked version to play the same game without it. Which is what we'll all probably be doing if/when DRM like Denuvo dies.
A pc's brain is the cpu, its heart is the motherboard, its stomach is the hard drive, and its anus is the user.
The cranky hermit 1 month ago#25
Dyshonest posted...
It's not theft, though. Nothing is being removed from its location and placed into another.

"Removing from its location and placed into another" is not a requirement for something to be theft. There are a multitude of situations where the term "theft" is used and understood to not mean larceny without this particular incorrect objection being raised; piracy alone brings out this argument.

If someone pirates your game you didn't lose a sale, that person was never going to buy it in the first place or they would have done so.

How can you possibly speak for everyone who ever pirated a game, and claim that nobody has ever pirated a game in order to not have to pay for it?

Oh right, you can't, and you're just being intellectually dishonest, just like that pseudo-legalistic "piracy isn't theft" argument that gets tossed around by freeloaders desperate to distance themselves from a word loaded with shame.

DaedalusEx posted...
Of course there's logic to it.

Ad-hoc logic, you mean. "Pirates are just poor people who bought computers back when they were rich!" That's your ad-hoc logic.
http://thecrankyhermit.shoutwiki.com
Year-by-year analysis of the finest gaming has to offer, and (eventually) more!

User Info: Bleu_Skie

Bleu_Skie
1 month ago#26
DaedalusEx posted...
Triple_Aitch posted...
The overall point I was making is that there is no logic to pirating.

Of course there's logic to it. What you mean to say is that you don't accept that logic as justification for the behavior. That's fine. But that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Yep, everyone has reasons for what they do. Logic doesnt have anything to do with morality tbh. Besides, you really shouldn't be concered about pirates as a consumer.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/BleuSkie
It's important to know what the rules are first, so that, when you decide to break them, you can better judge the effect.

User Info: BrokenMachine85

BrokenMachine85
1 month ago#27
Many pirates never finish the game and had no intention of buying anyway. It's basically the demo market except for no development cost.
Ryzen 1600X @ 4GHz | MSI B350 'Tomahawk' | Corsair H90 | 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 | Palit GTX 1080 OC @ 2GHz | 28" Acer Predator 4K G-SYNC 1ms
The cranky hermit 1 month ago#28
BrokenMachine85 posted...
Many pirates never finish the game

And many customers don't either. So what?

had no intention of buying anyway.

Of course they had no intention of buying. The whole game was available for free. Once you make that an option, the argument of "I wasn't going to buy it anyway" becomes flimsy.

It's basically the demo market except for no development cost.

And no incentive to buy the game afterward.
http://thecrankyhermit.shoutwiki.com
Year-by-year analysis of the finest gaming has to offer, and (eventually) more!

User Info: Waytoodeep03

Waytoodeep03
1 month ago#29
So I guess the real question is

Why do devs still make games for PC?

User Info: Triple_Aitch

Triple_Aitch
1 month ago#30
What I don't get is people trying to find a justification to pirate.

It doesn't matter if you would have bought it, and that makes no sense as there's a good chance you would have, or you wouldn't pirate it in the first place.

People need to look up the definition of theft, because the logic here would never hold up in court. I'm not saying that anyone is likely to get busted for downloading a game, but often times the biggest lawsuits involve digital-theft and proclaiming it not theft based on there being no physical property would get you no where fast.

If you want to pirate, fine. Just stop acting like its not theft and in some way (or any way) right.
"It's going to be legend... Wait for It...
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why do pirates act lole denuvo is the reasom they pirate

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived