This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do pirates act lole denuvo is the reasom they pirate

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why do pirates act lole denuvo is the reasom they pirate

User Info: BearShrooms

BearShrooms
1 month ago#61
DaedalusEx posted...
Lady Une posted...

I realize this probably isn't being serious, but one person pirating a game is not evidence that piracy is a serious problem, so this doesn't make any sense.

When I first read it the comic kind of seemed like a dig on anti-drm-piracy. But it actually seems to be talking about the circular logic of people pirating to get away from DRM then the DRM being increased, then pirating to get away from the new drm, then the drm being increased, so on and so forth.

User Info: MaximumDonkey

MaximumDonkey
1 month ago#62
DaedalusEx posted...
Lady Une posted...
https://i.imgur.com/95ULakl.jpg

I realize this probably isn't being serious, but one person pirating a game is not evidence that piracy is a serious problem, so this doesn't make any sense.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

Kind of ironic given your reply.
Half man, 100% Donkey.
Cleared of almost all state and federal charges!

User Info: Triple_Aitch

Triple_Aitch
1 month ago#63
Chaos_Missile posted...
Triple_Aitch posted...
Too poor is never a good excuse. If they have the hardware that can properly run the modern games they are usually pirating than it's clear they spent some money somewhere.

Also these games are not that expensive. And let's be serious not THAT many games come out that a person REALLY REALLY wants.

Save $10 every 2 weeks for 3 months = 4 brand new AAA games a year.

Also this is not taking into account Gifts for birthdays and holidays, Great Indie games (like Cuphead and Hellblade) being priced far below $60, CDKeys.com, Humble Bundle, Green Man Gaming, Free games given out on various platforms throughout the year (like Crazy Taxi right now), and the incredibly obvious Steam Sales.

Gaming is seriously one of the cheapest hobbies, compare it to something like snowboarding or golf.

Too poor... sure.

The worst is when people use publisher practices for justification of theft. I'm not telling people what to do, do what you will, just stop acting like it's somehow right or noble and in anyway justified.

Let's go back to the past a bit...

*2015*

OMFG Batman Arkham Knight is coming out soon! I cant wait to play it on PC. It's going to be awesome. And it's by the same guys who did Asylum and City! And they said the PC is the main focus, so it's going to be crazy optimised! I've saved up my allowance to get this one game that will last be the year!

*post-Day 1 release*

....what's wrong with this game? Why is it stuttering so much? My desktop that I've saved up to build it pretty powerful yet I cant even run it on Medium at a decent framerate. I've already experience about 7 crashes. Did I just waste my hard-earned money on a game that barely works?

Explain that.

Just because you live in America were games are cheap doenst mean everywhere else is cheap.

In my country, brand new game's prices are in the triple-digits. You Westerners cant even justify prices for brand new SNES cartridges of rare games and would rather buy them through emulation and you're telling us that games are "cheap"?

I know you're just using AK as an example but that game was patched and is now the most optimized Arkham game on PC. I believe they also gave the other Arkham games to anyone that bought AK before the patches.

It also helped lead towards the great refund system Steam currently has.
"It's going to be legend... Wait for It...

User Info: randomoaf

randomoaf
1 month ago#64
You guys aren't looking at this correctly. We live in a polarized world. This can be applied to anything. Look at PC market as legit/illegitimate. You can never have something completely legit but you can never have something completely illegitimate either. There is a balance to it.

While we all dislike the negative aspects of many things, without those negative aspects, you wouldn't know the positive. You wouldn't be able to grow because the negative wasn't there to teach you what the positive is.

Do you think Denuvo would be as powerful as it is now without it's predecessors SecuROM and whatever else there is? No. It was only through the cat & mouse dance of release, crack, buff security, release, crack that they were able to improve on each iteration. Look at console. Piracy is all but gone now. (thing is, you don't NEED piracy on console anymore, but that's another thing, I digress).

The issue here is that we have people on the legit side SJW'ing towards pirates and people on the piracy side that don't give legitimacy a fair shot. The crack teams and DRM companies are always going to be there. But as an individual you don't need to be caught up trashing each other. Not all pirates are doing it to be cheap or whatever and not all legit gamers are productive in the marketplace (looking at you lootbox whales and bottom feeders).

User Info: SnakePlisken94

SnakePlisken94
1 month ago#65
it's not

pirates will be pirates regardless
just your typical butthurt basement dweller

User Info: MasteroftheArts

MasteroftheArts
1 month ago#66
A better question than the OP's is why can't people proofread their titles for topics? It's a single f***ing sentence. Take the extra 4 seconds to re-read it before hitting the "post message" button.
"I refuse to prove that I exist" says God. "For proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing..."

User Info: ganondorf77

ganondorf77
1 month ago#67
coolguy_23 posted...
They pirate because it's easy and free nothing else.

They pirate because pricing and monetization systems are abusive, and because it's a right to know what a product is before consuming.
Bu!

User Info: Born Lucky

Born Lucky
1 month ago#68
xEnraiyax posted...
Some do for that very reason, but plenty because they are just to poor to afford what they are pirating

So . . you now have no right to complain if a poor person steals from you.

This topic is talking about 3 types of people

1) The devs who work hard to make games
2) The gamers who pay for the privilege of playing those games
3) Lazy thieves that think they should get everything for free.
Corsair 550D/ Gigabyte Z170X Gaming3 / Vengeance 16GB DDR4 2666 / i-5 6600k / MSI Twin Frozr VI GTX 1060 / Thermaltake NiC C5

User Info: SergeantPenguin

SergeantPenguin
1 month ago#69
ganondorf77 posted...
and because it's a right to know what a product is before consuming.

Yeah that's why there's this thing called reviews.

User Info: randomoaf

randomoaf
1 month ago#70
Born Lucky posted...
So . . you now have no right to complain if a poor person steals from you.

I don't think you understand that it doesn't actually matter.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why do pirates act lole denuvo is the reasom they pirate

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived