This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do pirates act lole denuvo is the reasom they pirate

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why do pirates act lole denuvo is the reasom they pirate
(message deleted)

User Info: mariopaper

mariopaper
1 month ago#82
red_robin posted...
SergeantPenguin posted...
ganondorf77 posted...
and because it's a right to know what a product is before consuming.

Yeah that's why there's this thing called reviews.

Reviews are s*** and you know it.

However, let's plays exist.

I'll admit, most of my game purchases are due to watching other people play a game on Youtube or Twitch. I don't remember the last time I actually read a game review other than just seeing their score at the end.

User Info: Bleu_Skie

Bleu_Skie
1 month ago#83
Heisenberg312 posted...
Actually no.
Video game companies are one of the most volatile industries out there. Entire companies rise and fall on the sales of one game.
Nothing is even close to that. If you are a farmer and your cucumbers don't sell well, you can eat the cost and keep going. Game companies can't. Why, you ask?
Because games cost millions to make, take years to create. If the game fails, hundreds of people lose their jobs. Not one person, or even two. Hundreds of college educated, talented people are out of a job.

I have never seen a company go out of business/lose jobs/etc due to piracy. Care to give some examples?
http://steamcommunity.com/id/BleuSkie
It's important to know what the rules are first, so that, when you decide to break them, you can better judge the effect.

User Info: DivineWraith

DivineWraith
1 month ago#84
Those that need flimsy excuses (DAT DENUVOOO) to leech are ashamed of their actions so they try to justify it with any bulls*** excuse they can. Denuvo is an easy scapegoat and just barely controversial enough to act as a security blanket for the uninitiated to feel safe in their actions. Basically, lying to themselves so they can live with the social guilt, whether they realize it or not is a different story.

User Info: R_Jackal

R_Jackal
1 month ago#85
People feel the need to justify entitlement and poor decisions. Goes for pirates and impulse buyers alike. They're both exactly the same, but tend to dislike each other.

User Info: Heisenberg312

Heisenberg312
1 month ago#86
Bleu_Skie posted...
Heisenberg312 posted...
Actually no.
Video game companies are one of the most volatile industries out there. Entire companies rise and fall on the sales of one game.
Nothing is even close to that. If you are a farmer and your cucumbers don't sell well, you can eat the cost and keep going. Game companies can't. Why, you ask?
Because games cost millions to make, take years to create. If the game fails, hundreds of people lose their jobs. Not one person, or even two. Hundreds of college educated, talented people are out of a job.

I have never seen a company go out of business/lose jobs/etc due to piracy. Care to give some examples?

Did you not read my post?
Bad sales = company going out of buisness
Piracy =/= sales
So, rampant piracy = bad sales = going out of buisness.
Duh man.
I mean, seriously. :/
Now, say my name.

User Info: randomoaf

randomoaf
1 month ago#87
BearShrooms posted...
These companies still make a metric ton of money, screw people over with false advertisement, and largely are capable of being outrageously profitable by simply making a good game.

Any company claiming piracy is ruining their business is simply not making games good enough to counter the extremely small percentage of people that pirate in place of buying.

I'm not trying to make some sort of strawman for your "denuvo piracy justification" argument you've got going on. I just don't really understand why so many people are up in arms about it. The "ruining our business" thing is largely a lie proven true by many developers over the last couple of years, including ones that have said PIRACY HAS HELPED SALES.

So, here's my question. Why do you care?

Exactly. These companies focus on the wrong thing & like to use piracy as a scapegoat to blame something on. It's not piracy if you made a crappy or broken game. Piracy is a very small % of people who have the game. They like to look at piracy as "lost sales" but the sale never happened due to one reason or another. Anything from indies to AAA's has the capability to sell an insane amount of copies even in the face of piracy. Minecraft was heavily pirated before it took off for example.

Heisenberg312 posted...
Piracy =/= sales
Duh man.

Correlation is not causation.

User Info: Bleu_Skie

Bleu_Skie
1 month ago#88
Heisenberg312 posted...
Piracy =/= sales
Duh man.

Look up the law of syllogism and realize why it doesn't work here.

like seriously :P

Edit: Still waiting for those examples btw.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/BleuSkie
It's important to know what the rules are first, so that, when you decide to break them, you can better judge the effect.

User Info: Heisenberg312

Heisenberg312
1 month ago#89
If you are stealing crappy or broken games, then you are an idiot.
But pirates aren't stealing copies of Barbie's dream home. Pirates are stealing the best games out there.
And they base their reasoning the most slimist of pretense.
Let's not bulls*** each other on here. You are not stealing crappy, buggy otome games.
You are stealing the best games out there.
And your wrong for doing so.
The least you can do is admit that stealing games is wrong instead of trying to bulls*** some the smartest gamers in this generation.
Now, say my name.

User Info: randomoaf

randomoaf
1 month ago#90
Heisenberg312 posted...
If you are stealing crappy or broken games, then you are an idiot.
But pirates aren't stealing copies of Barbie's dream home. Pirates are stealing the best games out there.
And they base their reasoning the most slimist of pretense.
Let's not bulls*** each other on here. You are not stealing crappy, buggy otome games.
You are stealing the best games out there.
And your wrong for doing so.
The least you can do is admit that stealing games is wrong instead of trying to bulls*** some the smartest gamers in this generation.

Who cares? Do you work for a gaming pub/developer? Do you own stock? People who need to deal with pirates deal with pirates. People who crack games will crack games. You're just another grain of sand on the beach. It's not your prerogative to police pirates or attempt to fix what you see is a problem. I don't understand why people are so willing to complicate their lives over what is essentially a trivial matter. There's better things to do in life.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why do pirates act lole denuvo is the reasom they pirate

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived